Rumor on David Huertas

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Supposely he signed a pro contract with a team from Puerto Rico today and played in an exhibition with them. Anybody else hearing anything?
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I've heard he's as good as gone.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

that's the story
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Yeah, he's gone. Sad to see him go because he was exciting to watch when he was on fire.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Golly, guys. I am just so gosh darn upset about this unfortunate events.

I hated him.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel wrote:Golly, guys. I am just so gosh darn upset about this unfortunate events.

I hated him.
What can we say? Adios? I wish him luck and good fortune.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel wrote:Golly, guys. I am just so gosh darn upset about this unfortunate events.

I hated him.
You may have hated him, but you can't deny that this hurts badly. Especially with Malcom White leaving also. Makes me wonder what's going on in Tad Smith Coliseum.

Andy Katz just picked us as a #22 preseason team for next season, saying that Warren, T. White, and Huertas are the best backcourt in the SEC West. Well now Huertas is gone.

What's happening to the basketball squad?
Some Random Dude
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I didn't like him either, and his attitude was almost worth not having him at all...But the fact that two have left...it seems pretty scary.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Malcolm White leaving hurts much more than Huertas leaving. Huertas might not have started next year, because we are so stacked at the guard position. He wasn't even supposed to play all that much this year, but he did due to the injuries. Supposedly, Gaskins had gotten really good, and he was going to play more which would take time from Huertas. We need big bodies, and hopefully his scholarship will get us another big man that we really need.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Kennedy wants athletic players and he wants to play small ball. Huertas is a great shooter, but honestly does not fit into AK's plan. Yes, he had his moments and we'll miss his streaky shooting, but all is not lost.

Maybe we can sign a late qualifer that was overlooked with his scholly now. We are still deep at the 1-3 with Graham, Gaskins, Polynice, Warren, White, and Murphy can play it too.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No one wants to know why we've lost 2 starters in the last few weeks?
Some Random Dude
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Nope not me. I will miss Malcolm White I think he would have been good. I will not miss David Huertas I couldnt stand the attitude that i saw from him on the court.
HottyToddy'06
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

lewindha wrote:No one wants to know why we've lost 2 starters in the last few weeks?
If you know anything, tell.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OleMissFan9 wrote:
lewindha wrote:No one wants to know why we've lost 2 starters in the last few weeks?
If you know anything, tell.
I don't know anything. I just find it fishy that we've lost two starters in month.

Who cares whether you like Huertas or not! Why have two starters decided to leave a team that should be good next year?
Some Random Dude
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Good question (about losing 2 starters), but don't worry about it. Malcom probably would not have started next year either, I think T. Henry will emerge as a great player. Huertas was an unstable girly-man that probably disrupted practice as much as he did games with his tirades. We need stability right now, that comes with the return warren and polynice next year.