Can someone please enlighten me on malcolm white

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I haven't heard where white will transfer to but please tell me he's not transferring to lswho! It won't hurt us if he does but still thats traitorous.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

His facebook status says he's moving to Baton Rouge...

BRCC?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Just in case it is LSU or any other D1 school, is there a transfer rule in basketball like in football? I wanna say they have to sit a year, but I just don't remember for sure.
GO REBELS!!!
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Yes they sit a year. Huretas sat a year coming in from UF.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Please correct me if I am wrong:
I studied NLI and transfer rules in a class. If I understood clearly, when it comes to transfers and mandatory sitting out, it depends on the language of the release. It is normal for a coach to release a player with the stipulation he will not go to certain schools, such as conference rivals. If the player then does transfer to one of the 'banned' schools, he has to sit 2 years instead of the normal 1.
Take for example Snead; Texas released him completely, so wherever he transferred at the Div 1-A level, he would have to sit 1 year. Since he hadn't been RS'ed, that sit-out year became his redshirt, and he still could play 4 seasons over 5 years. Had Texas included in his release Ole Miss as a team he couldn't transfer to, he would have had to sit out both the 07 and 08 seasons.
Back to White: right now he has 3 years of eligibilty to play 2 seasons. if it was a complete release, he will have to sit the one year (unless he gets a waiver of some sort, which are almost impossible to get from the NCAA) and still have 2 years left; if LSU is a 'banned' school, then he sits 2 years-one will count as a redshirt, leaving him only 1 year to play.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Wow, didn't know about the banned school clause (THe 2 year thing). I think I have heard of some teams not allowing football players to transfer directly from their school to one in the same division (Like the SEC west). Of course, you could fail academically go to JUCO and then go to another school in the same division, kind of like Trahan (Not sure if his was academic or not, but same end result).
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

olemsdave76 wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong:
I studied NLI and transfer rules in a class. If I understood clearly, when it comes to transfers and mandatory sitting out, it depends on the language of the release. It is normal for a coach to release a player with the stipulation he will not go to certain schools, such as conference rivals. If the player then does transfer to one of the 'banned' schools, he has to sit 2 years instead of the normal 1.
Take for example Snead; Texas released him completely, so wherever he transferred at the Div 1-A level, he would have to sit 1 year. Since he hadn't been RS'ed, that sit-out year became his redshirt, and he still could play 4 seasons over 5 years. Had Texas included in his release Ole Miss as a team he couldn't transfer to, he would have had to sit out both the 07 and 08 seasons.
Back to White: right now he has 3 years of eligibilty to play 2 seasons. if it was a complete release, he will have to sit the one year (unless he gets a waiver of some sort, which are almost impossible to get from the NCAA) and still have 2 years left; if LSU is a 'banned' school, then he sits 2 years-one will count as a redshirt, leaving him only 1 year to play.
I had heard of things like this in football, but had never heard of an actual case of it happening so I didn't know if it was true, or just fan generated rumor.
GO REBELS!!!