Ole Miss vs. UALR

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

A good win by the Rebels tonight as they down UALR by a score of 6-1. Baker went 5.1, 1 run on 4 hits, 2Ks. Then Barrett came in and had a gem of a game. Only 2.2 innings of hit-less pitching. Walked 2, but struck out 6 of the 8 batters he faced. Matt Tracy finished up the final inning with no runs on 1 hit and 1 strike out.

Offensively Basham got a 2 run HR and Miller just missed one off the very top of the wall. Miller also stole 3rd. Basically he stole 3rd and home in that play due to a misplay by the UALR catcher.

This was Bianco's 350th win as the Rebel coach, his 450th career win.
GO REBELS!!!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Barrett developing into a solid mid-innings pitcher will be paramount to whether we are a good regional team or a possible CWS team. of course a couple innings in mid week action isn't indicative of him being able to go a couple of innings during a SEC weekend or a regional, but it is a good start. Pitching is what gets you through the post season. right now we are solid (not amazing) with Pom, Orwin, and Bittle, and we also have some decent 4th and 5th starters with Baker and Buk. ad in McKean, Goforth, and Morgan in relief, we have a good staff. if Barrett can come along late, then even the better.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I've been saying all year that Barrett is going to pull an Irwin and be lights out for no reason in regional play. I have no proof to back that up, but I just think it will happen.

That or his fastball will continue to be straight and be sent over the fences. This wass some broke Arkansas school.