Question for all:

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GtownRebel
All American
All American

What will be our most difficult game of the football season this fall to win?
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

google our record against Bama.

LSU will actually be much improved.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

So you pick is which one - bama or LSuck?
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I want our hardest to be South Carolina, but I think it will be Bama.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

dgmcdowe wrote:I want our hardest to be South Carolina, but I think it will be Bama.
I think SC will be our hardest game. I know our dismal record against Bama (and you can toss Auburn in, as well--we have yet to get double digit wins against either all-time), but they will be working with an inexperienced backfield, and our defenses will negate one another. Much the same story with LSU (though they will be tougher after Jefferson has the whole season to adjust). SC has similar QB issues as Bama, but our game with them is on the road, which is why I say our toughest will be in Columbia on Thursday night.
fis
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

the toughest will be Bama. I can't see SC and their QB playing real good that early in the year against a motivated high pressure defense. Nutt is traditionally a good road coach. Lsu will be better but their QB situation will still be a work in progress. I think Nutt coaches players to be more physical than Les and that's why he's had luck against them lately. The toughest game might be against someone the team is completely overlooking and unmotivated for who'll come in completely fired up so I'll say TN .
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Bama.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

whoever we meet in atlanta 8)
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

whoever we meet in atlanta
Good point...
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I honestly think it will be auburn. they were the only team last year to slow our offense down even though we won that game
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

ALABAMA. It's the psychological thing. LSU will not be improved enough this year to better last year's record. The USC game makes me apprehensive. Spurrier had his way with Nix's defense last year, but I don't see Nix losing to visor-boy twice.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

the next one.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

we'll beat alabama by two scores. count on it.

we'll have a little difficulty with usc, nothing substantial.

LSU will be our toughest game. it will be for the west title. we'll win. but it will be close.
don't question my knowledge
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

felicianareb wrote:ALABAMA. It's the psychological thing. LSU will not be improved enough this year to better last year's record. The USC game makes me apprehensive. Spurrier had his way with Nix's defense last year, but I don't see Nix losing to visor-boy twice.
That's my vote......historically speaking......Bama is kinda like our thorn. No matter how good of a team we have in a given year...its still Bama.
They've owned us through the years.....
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

South Carolina and then lsu. If we are playing for the western division championship against them, like in 03, our lack of experience in that situation might make us play a little tight.