Mizzou coach holding Gibson for game 2

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

The most notable moment of the day was when Missouri head coach Tim Jamieson said he would hold his first-game starter until the second game.

“There is no guarantee,” said Jamieson, of beating Western Kentucky with Nick Tepesch (Soph., RHP, 6-4, 5.81) instead of Kyle Gibson (Jr., RHP, 10-3, 3.47). “But for us to win the Regional, (Gibson) is going to have to beat the home team. He’s the one that’s going to handle that the best.”

What Gibson has to handle, according to Jamieson, is 10,000 Ole Miss fans and the atmosphere that accompanies that, as well as the home team itself.

“It may not happen, and we may not get to that point,” Jamieson said of his Tigers beating WKU and facing Ole Miss, if the Rebs get past Monmouth as most predict. “But we’re not here to win (just) Friday. We’re here to win a Regional.”
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

May be a huge mistake. WKU can hit and I'm sure their #1 pitcher is fairly solid.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Redbluedude wrote:May be a huge mistake. WKU can hit and I'm sure their #1 pitcher is fairly solid.

I hope it bites him... Goes against most what most coaches do.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

It did bite him. WKU scored 6 in the 1st and 2 in the 3rd and lead 8-0 bottom of 3rd!

Mizzou is on their 4 pitcher of the game in only the 3rd. We'll see if they'll bring in their 5th new pitcher for the top of the 4th.
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:It did bite him. WKU scored 6 in the 1st and 2 in the 3rd and lead 8-0 bottom of 3rd!

Mizzou is on their 4 pitcher of the game in only the 3rd. We'll see if they'll bring in their 5th new pitcher for the top of the 4th.

If nothing else, I feel much better about throwing Pom today.

We must, absolutely MUST win convincingly today. It will set a tone for our club for the weekend and put us in the drivers seat. Come on Rebs, STOMP THAT MONMOUTH ASS!!!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxfordrebel wrote:It did bite him. WKU scored 6 in the 1st and 2 in the 3rd and lead 8-0 bottom of 3rd!

Thanks for the update... If you can keep them coming it would be much appreciated. I am stuck at work and most websites are blocked, so I cant check the score.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am going to have to go against the grain here, I had no problem with Coach Jamieson's decision. IMO he was looking at the big picture and trying to win a regional on the road. I believe he felt that he had a better chance of staying out of the losers bracket with Tepesch pitching against WKU rather than us, I tend to agree. Like I said in the Pom thread the losers bracket after the second game is just about as bad as after the first.

Yes, so far it hasn't turned out like he hoped but I feel his ultimate goal was to win a regional and this gave him the best chance to do so. On the bright side if Mizzou ends up losing this game he will at least have his ace trying to stave off elimination.
Randy
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:

Thanks for the update... If you can keep them coming it would be much appreciated. I am stuck at work and most websites are blocked, so I cant check the score.
I just started a thread, but I'll only be here until 5 when I'll head over to the stadium.

BTW, all games are FREE live streaming this weekend on OleMissSports.com. Links to the video is at:

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... R_CONTENT=
GO REBELS!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxfordrebel wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

I just started a thread, but I'll only be here until 5 when I'll head over to the stadium.

BTW, all games are FREE live streaming this weekend on OleMissSports.com. Links to the video is at:

That website is blocked..
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

Strange...works for me.

Oh well, here's a direct link to the streaming video, try this:

http://www.olemisssports.com/siteMediaP ... EM_ID=2600
GO REBELS!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxfordrebel wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote: I just started a thread, but I'll only be here until 5 when I'll head over to the stadium.

Strange...works for me.

It is only blocked because I am at work. There is a filter on my computer and there are very few websites that I am able to access.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote: That website is blocked..

Strange...works for me.

It is only blocked because I am at work. There is a filter on my computer and there are very few websites that I am able to access.
Dang...sorry, man.
GO REBELS!!!
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

End of 8, WKU 11, Mizzou 4. Mizzou is on their 8th pitcher.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

maybe holding back gibson was a mistake.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

Final WKU 11, Mizzou 5. Mizzou used 8 pitchers. WKU used 2.