Just saw on ESPN...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

...Bottom Line: The SEC ruled today that from now on teams can sign a MAXIMUM 28 players on signing day. This was a response to Ole Miss signing 37.

Wow. Nutt comes in with a plan to boost MS Jucos and maybe even get half of those oversigned guys back coming out of Juco and the SEC says "We can't have Ole Miss doing something positive."
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

The Bottom Line yesterday had that story running and afterward made reference to Ole Miss signing above that limit this year. If this wasn't a reaction by the SEC to Ole Miss, ESPN is probably going to play that angle on it regardless.
GO REBELS!!!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

They said 30 is the limit per Olando paper.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Makes one wonder if it had been Bama or LSU or any of the traditional powers (read: moneymakers), would this verdict have been rendered or even considered. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist or anything...
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

It seems that the fans from other sec schools just don't get why we did this. I have a friend who is a lswho fan and he complained and said "olemiss spat in the secs face and disregarded the way things should be by over signing, les miles won't even sign a recruit who won't qualify!" Well, miles will certaintly sign a convict aka ryan perilloux! But thats not the reason i'm posting, the reason im posting is to try to let other sec fans know why nutt decided to oversign, HE CARES. This was a smart recruiting pitch by our coach. By oversigning he sends the excess players to junior college. When they get to their junior college they help those colleges win games. When other players on their team are happy about winning and find out that they are their because of housten nutt, it makes him look good. Its not rocket science if you make junior college teams happy by sending them good players then they make you happy by developing those players and sending em right back.
memphisplaya
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hey genuis might wana do a little research on that!!!!!
Ryan Perrilloux's own Hs coach stated that he was completly surprised by ryans actions at LSU. He went on to mention that while in hs he was well behaved. not to mention maybe he is why Miles wont sign a player if they dont qualify or have background issues. afterall RP was part of Miles first class. He learned from his mistake!!! Why risk having a player that could hurt the team morale... as for the NUTT issue, its been stated on several websites including espn that Nutts class was a discrace to the SEC and is the main reason that they impleminted this new rule.
Why offer a SEC scholarship?? just to get the hopes up of the player family and comminuty when there is a great chance he will never see the field in the SEC???
2.0 GPA and 15 ACT
Yea makes a whole lot of sense
:roll:
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Well....first of all anyone who says that its a disgrace is a idiot plain and simple i mean after all we HAD THE NUMBER 16 RANKED CLASS IN THE NATION! IF YOU GO AND LISTEN TO NUTT HE SAID FROM DAY ONE OF THE RECRUITING SEASON THAT HE DID THIS TO BOOST THE JUNIOR COLLEGES AROUND THE AREA, THATS SMART (MAYBE NOT TO A LSU FAN LIKE YOU MEMPHIS GIRL I MEAN PLAYA) BECAUSE WHEN THE JUNIOR COLLEGES START WINNING THEN IT HELPS US WITH RECRUITING!AND WHY GET MAD AT NUTT UP UNTIL NOW THE NCAA SAID YOU CAN SIGN 80 RECRUITS IF YOU WANT TO! A STATEMENT TO ALL LSU FANS LIKE MEMPHIS PLAYA HERE: KEEP YOUR ATTENTION TO YOUR OWN TEAM YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT RIGHT NOW WITH THE WHOLE DEFENSE GIVING UP 50 A GAME AND US HOLDING YOUR SADLY OVERWEIGHT RB TO 13 YARDS RUSHING, NOW THATS A DISGRACE!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

LOL HEY MEMPHISPLAYA, FOR A QUICK REALITY CHECK LOOK AT THE FIRST POST ON THE PAGE THAT SAYS THE NUTT ERA, THERES THINGS ON THERE SUCH AS COTTON BOWL CHAMPS, EGG BOWL CHAMPS AND OH....................MAGNOLIA BOWL CHAMPS! LOOK, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU WON AGAINST US IN PREVIOUS YEARS BECAUSE NOW IS WHAT MATTERS AND AS OF RIGHT NOW WE ARE THE REIGNING MAG. BOWL CHAMPIONS (WHICH BTW THE TROPHY WILL FOREVER STATE THAT OLEMISS BEAT LSWHO IN THE FIRST EVER MAG. BOWL), WE HAVE BETTER PIECES OF THE PUZZLE TEAM WISE TO WIN MORE GAMES THEN YOU, AND WE'LL HAVE A BETTER PRESEASON RANKING THEN YOU. UNTIL YOU BEAT US AGAIN YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK OR BRAG.
31-13.....oh yeah
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Wow. Nutt comes in with a plan to boost MS Jucos and maybe even get half of those oversigned guys back coming out of Juco and the SEC says "We can't have Ole Miss doing something positive."- This quote from chucky38 is true, all coach nutt was trying to do is take advantage of a positive thing such as strengthen up the jcs in mississippi, I don't care what anyone says, this will help us.
memphisplaya
Water Boy
Water Boy

Why change the subject so quick
Did I hit a nerve? :lol:
I agree we have somthing to prove this year
and rem miles got rid of the entire defensive staff from last year
only time will.... our recent #1 recruiting class sure is gona help!!!
I like the way miles maintained what saban started and il defend him till i die but only as long as we dont see another season like last!!!
LSU fans will call for his head if it happens again
but what Nutt did is borderline well NUTTY
jst think how many JUCO players actually make it to D1 schools most still dont make the grades
memphisplaya
Water Boy
Water Boy

I respect him wanting to help the JUCO but perhaps sending possibly 12 players to JUCO may not have been wise... and heres why:
1) they will spend 1-2 years there and will have the chance to be reviewed by other top schools if they begin to look like true studs
2) GRADES.... What happens if they fail to make it
and on another note dont talk bout thugs yall have a player that used a dead girls credit card
Thats LOW!!!! :cry:
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

memphisplaya wrote:I respect him wanting to help the JUCO but perhaps sending possibly 12 players to JUCO may not have been wise... and heres why:
1) they will spend 1-2 years there and will have the chance to be reviewed by other top schools if they begin to look like true studs
2) GRADES.... What happens if they fail to make it
and on another note dont talk bout thugs yall have a player that used a dead girls credit card
Thats LOW!!!! :cry:
Can we ban this moron. His annoying use of emoticons makes me lose hope in humanity.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I know that jrebel is indeed a Rebel through and through, but his whole insistance on using caps to drive his point is equally annoying to me.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

one report i read a while back stated that nutt was upfront with the players he thought might not qual. they knew ahead of time what was going to happen. obviously they wanted to sign with the better team and did. but i cant remember where the report was to back that up.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

emoticons need to go. agree. but don't go saying stuff about Hornsby if you don't know the story man. I'm not here to talk about kids who are thugs. that doesn't matter. show me a team with no troublemakers. I get over that. people make mistakes. I think the rule shouldve been at 30 bc now less risks will be taken on possibly great players that have ? marks but I think that just abuses the power of a commit knowing they won't make it and that kids might have to grayshirt thinking they will make the team. it's not a bad rule but I'm glad it started this year bc look at who we wouldn't have got (marry). it's fine with me but the whole thug thing is lost on me