HELP

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm stuck at work and i cannot get updates on the game... Olemisssports.com and every other site that gives scores is blocked by this filter .. Somebody please post game updates if you can between innings![/b]
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:I'm stuck at work and i cannot get updates on the game... Olemisssports.com and every other site that gives scores is blocked by this filter .. Somebody please post game updates if you can between innings![/b]
Me too. All I can get are the scores page on Espn.com. Which sucks!
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And that crappy scores page says UVA 1 - 0 in the 2nd.
Some Random Dude
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

After 1 1/2 UVA up 1-0. Irwin pitching well. Guy crushed a breaking pitch to right center. Scored a guy who had a base shot up the middle.

Our 1st at bat we swung at a couple of high pitches and we just KO'd swinging at another high pitch. Patience at the plate would help.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We go 1-2-3 in the 2nd. Mort gave one a ride to the warning track but the wind is blowing in. Well hit ball, too much wind.

We MUST be more patient at the plate. The UVA pitcher is around the plate but we have swung at several pitches out of the strike zone. They seemed to be a little more disciplined at the plate. 2 of their hits have been 'ropes'. Irwin is pitching well and hitting his spots but when he hangs a curve or grooves a fastball they get a good cut at it.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Irwin mows them down, 1-2-3. UVA up 1-0.

Basham, Henry, Power up for us.
----Calkins
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I've got stat tracker up and so far I've seen Henry pop up to the SS and Power pop up in foul territory to 1B. Lookin' tough. Get the bats going Rebs.
Some Random Dude
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Basham HBP
Henry pops up to SS. Henry bailed out on a sloooow curve that should have hit him, he then popped up to SS.
Power pops up to 1st baseman foul territory
Smith hits a shot to center, comes in and makes a diving catch for out 3.
----Calkins
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

No damage in the top of the 4th. 2 fly outs, a bloop base hit to right and then a ground out to Mort with the force at 2nd.

We're having a hard time hitting UVA's change up. It's a good pitch, keeps it low and outside to righties. He then brings his fastball in about letter high and we can't catch up to it.

NOTE: We are still hitless.
----Calkins
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Tied up 1-1.

KO and then Miller gets a bad news bears hit. Dropped in b/t 2nd, RF and 1st baseman, they all looked at each other and he never stops running gets to 2nd. Mort then hits a shot to CF, Miller scores.

Meeting at mound, still batting.
----Calkins
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Tied up after 4, 1-1. Fergie had a good at bat. Fouled off several pitches and finally hit a good shot to left center and their CF ran it down.

We're still swinging at some pitches up in the strike zone.
----Calkins
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Redbluedude wrote:Tied up after 4, 1-1. Fergie had a good at bat. Fouled off several pitches and finally hit a good shot to left center and their CF ran it down.

We're still swinging at some pitches up in the strike zone.
You are doing a good job! keep it coming
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Irwin really falling apart in a hurry. UVA has picked up 2 runs already in the top of the 5th with only 1 down, runners at 2nd and 3rd. McKean warming quickly.
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

BTW, should Ole Miss happen to lose today (though I feel like they will come back on this, 2 runs isn't much), please, no one start the "our season just ended" crap today. It's your option to, but I'm asking nicely, please don't. Last weekend should have proved it's not over till it's over.

Top of 5th, 1 out, UVA has bases loaded. 3-2 Cavs.
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Ugh. Irwin struggled. Walked the first batter, he scored on a double. They got another double and scored another run.

Irwin loaded the bases and was able to get a pop out and a line out to MOrt to end the inning. His fast ball slowed and his curve was missing high. Probably it for Irwin, McKean was warming up.

Also, heard that Morgan was hit in the face pregame with a ball. Don't know any details or if he's available.

We're down 3-1.
----Calkins