Memphis' game tshirt...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://store.cstv.com/marketplace/store ... r_id=16259

While I find it kinda funny, I can't believe this is their official shirt for our game. In their official online store...

Stay classy Memphis State!

p.s. I found this link on RedCupRebellion
Some Random Dude
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

well, you have to admit that it suits them....
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I haven't looked, but, please tell me that we do not have a game T-Shirt for this contest. That would just be embarressing.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

that's just nasty 8O
NOLA_Reb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hahaha unbelievable... That's on their official University store website...
Leibniz
Water Boy
Water Boy

OMNOB wrote:I haven't looked, but, please tell me that we do not have a game T-Shirt for this contest. That would just be embarressing.
Why not?
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

He can speak for himself, of course, but I imagine it is because a shirt for a specific game implies the contest is very significant to the school creating the shirt. We had game day shirts for the two most recent Cotton Bowls.

Having one for a team like Tiger High suggests both programs are equal and the outcome very much in doubt. Of course, the outcome of the game is not yet known, but I like our chances.
REBEL13
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Sadly, reminds me of the "Nutt-Rags" sold in the Grove. Funny in a high school kinda way, but definitely not very classy. I'm sure Memphis will have these in kids sizes! They may even have them available on wife-beaters!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

REBEL13 wrote:Sadly, reminds me of the "Nutt-Rags" sold in the Grove. Funny in a high school kinda way, but definitely not very classy. I'm sure Memphis will have these in kids sizes! They may even have them available on wife-beaters!
And matching jorts?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

PS: They took down the shirt.

Maybe nobody got it.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

dgmcdowe wrote:PS: They took down the shirt.

Maybe nobody got it.
The reason they took it down was because it was making the local sports programming here in Memphis. Channel 5 just had a piece on it, although the front of the shirt was blurred for tv purposes. If it wasn't for that, tiger high would still have it on their web site. Living up here since 1966, it been VERY hard. Hope will blow them out of the water, 77-0 sounds good.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Gotta admit, I chuckled when I saw it. Very immature!! :roll:
anachrist06
Water Boy
Water Boy

what dd the shirt look like? never got to see it before they took it down.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

WOW. I love the fact that they made this shirt and here's why: this just gives us more motivation and locker room material to complete the beatdown that we are going to give memphis. Its a fact that memphis has always considered us a huge rival and in the mid 2000's they actually thought they were becoming equal but that didn't last long. Heck even coach o went undefeated against memphis!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

anachrist06 wrote:what dd the shirt look like? never got to see it before they took it down.
A picture of a anthropomorphized tiger in a memphis jersey running, toward block letters that said, "Bust a Nutt"

-William Faulkner