Does the Ole Miss crowd noise make a difference?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Read this ITG quote from DT Shackleford who made the critical 4th and 1 tackle that stopped Curtis Steele and led to one of our last touchdowns.

"When asked if anything about the college game caught him off guard, the true freshman answered with no hesitation. The crowd was a little louder than high school games in Dectaur, Ala., but that was just fine with Shackelford.

"Right when I came in here, I could feel it (the crowd),” he said. “Ever since I was little, this is where I wanted to be."

I would say that the Ole Miss crowd noise at Memphis played a key role in that critical stop for Ole Miss. Great job all of you who were there and contributed!!!!!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

If he liked that wait till her hears 60,000 plus in the Vaught! I have a feeling this year's crowds will be louder than ever before. I know I will at every game I get to attend. I'm going to be loud and on my feet in two weeks. Not for SE Louisiana, but for the #6 OLE MISS REBELS!
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I'm going to be loud and on my feet in two weeks. Not for SE Louisiana, but for the #6 OLE MISS REBELS!
Me too, Chuck!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

no.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Not where I sit....the geezers there only yell when i stand for too long.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

ThunderReb: you must be in what I call a "reverent" section. My family has two sections....one for those who enjoy the game in a "quietly" different manner and then there is my section that is loud....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:ThunderReb: you must be in what I call a "reverent" section. My family has two sections....one for those who enjoy the game in a "quietly" different manner and then there is my section that is loud....
Yeah, definitely......in an area where long-time season ticket-holders are.
Last year, I actually overheard the group in front of me "BOO" our team because we scored "too many points" on the directional Louisiana school. I couldn't believe my ears.....but, these same idiots also stood the entire time the band played at halftime.