With Vandy and Rice going toe to toe

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Goroth

I am feeling like if we dont cream Vandy. At least come close to that. It will be a long season. This has to be a big time make up game for the coaching staff. To get the fans back on board.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Goroth wrote:I am feeling like if we dont cream Vandy. At least come close to that. It will be a long season. This has to be a big time make up game for the coaching staff. To get the fans back on board.
I feel confident they will. And just remember rule #1 8)
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Vandy is killing Rice now. I know we can beat Vandy but we could have beaten SC too. I would love to see us crush them. I think we'll win it 24-14. Offense MUST play better.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Goroth

Chucky_38 wrote:Vandy is killing Rice now. I know we can beat Vandy but we could have beaten SC too. I would love to see us crush them. I think we'll win it 24-14. Offense MUST play better.
If we only score 24. Win or or not ill be sick.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From where I sat, it looks like we've got a LOT of work before we even talk about beating Vandy.

And I'm sick of hearing that it's early season jitters for Snead. Harris from Miami has been on fire from the start of the season. Clausen has been putting up video game numbers.

We all saw how good Snead can be. Our defense is stout. Snead and Oline are why we lost this game and why we will lose more if they don't get it together like yesterday.
Some Random Dude
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I will stand behind Nutt as long as he is our coach, but, I am still not sold by any stretch.

I thought that with Austin on board. maybe, just maybe, the tide might reverse.

I am not confident of that at all now.

It is harsh to judge a man, by way of one game, but, out here in Atlanta (where noone is from here) I have laid to waist my problems with Nutt. And I have given what is short of my very soul for the man, and, I dunno about the rest of you, but, I feel he letting us down.

Who knows? Maybe SC is the Ole Miss of a season removed (with Florida), and we run the table.

I dunno, but, I don't like the cloak and dagger facade we have in place....
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

They need to get Massie up and running. Bradley didn't help us out much...
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB wrote:I will stand behind Nutt as long as he is our coach, but, I am still not sold by any stretch.

I thought that with Austin on board. maybe, just maybe, the tide might reverse.

I am not confident of that at all now.

It is harsh to judge a man, by way of one game, but, out here in Atlanta (where noone is from here) I have laid to waist my problems with Nutt. And I have given what is short of my very soul for the man, and, I dunno about the rest of you, but, I feel he letting us down.

Who knows? Maybe SC is the Ole Miss of a season removed (with Florida), and we run the table.

I dunno, but, I don't like the cloak and dagger facade we have in place....
brother! that's L R material.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BobReb wrote:They need to get Massie up and running. Bradley didn't help us out much...
Very true.. You are being kind with that wording
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

We definitely don't need to take Vandy lightly as they have been known to sneak up on teams.
I Thank you.
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Goroth wrote:I am feeling like if we dont cream Vandy. At least come close to that. It will be a long season. This has to be a big time make up game for the coaching staff. To get the fans back on board.
Agree with that. Think if OM doesn't show improvement against Vandy, then it could a long year. Vandy isn't great but pesty. But OM must show improvement.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

spudhog wrote:
Agree with that. Think if OM doesn't show improvement against Vandy, then it could a long year. Vandy isn't great but pesty. But OM must show improvement.
Vandy always plays us tough. I can't remember the last time we beat vandy by double digits.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Chucky_38
All American
All American

badmotorfinger wrote:
spudhog wrote:
Vandy always plays us tough. I can't remember the last time we beat vandy by double digits.
Can't remember the '02 score, but I know in '01 we beat them 38-24.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Chucky_38 wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:
spudhog wrote: Agree with that. Think if OM doesn't show improvement against Vandy, then it could a long year. Vandy isn't great but pesty. But OM must show improvement.
45-38 in 02, so 01 was the last double-digit win.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
Goroth

olemsdave76 wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote: Vandy always plays us tough. I can't remember the last time we beat vandy by double digits.
45-38 in 02, so 01 was the last double-digit win.
Can you really count the 4 seasons in there?