Nutt may re-shuffle the line,I think he should

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

IF you look at the offensive woes we have had this season I think the main problem is the offensive line. Against memphis and sc snead was pressured again and again from the left side (the most important side) and didn't have time to get comfortable in the pocket. I said it from the beginning that it was a mistake to keep john jerry at right tackle and put sowell at left tackle. Its a fact that left tackle is the most important position to protect the qb and since Jerry's a all sec linemen he is being considered to move to left tackle and then re-shuffle the line by either putting sowell or massie at right tackle. By doing this it will take alot of pressure off snead because from then on he will be able to see the rush coming at him from the right side. Almost every time snead has been rushed this year its been from the blind side. If you just look at sneads body language you can see he is very uncomfortable in the pocket like hes anticipating being hit from the left side. Put Jerry at left tackle please and I promise that will solve that problem. I can't believe we lost 17 spots to go all the way to #21 in the country (18 in coaches). The only reason lsu moved to 4 is the same reason we did, by default because 3 top 6 teams lost this week. Lsu was held to 30 yards rushing by state AND state had numerous turnovers and still almost won the game. Lsu will lose 4 or 5 games this year they aren't a issue at all. As far as we go, our main problem is we have failed to spread out the field and get the ball in all of our playmakers hands. If you look at the offense from last year we got the ball in dexters hands and then when the defense clamped down on him we threw to a wide open receiver downfield. IF we are going to fix this we must get the ball to dex early and often. I think moving all the way down to 21 is going to make our guys mad and make em wanna work hard to get back to where we were. This is going to turn out to be a great thing I promise you (as long as nutt shuffles the line). Watch for Nutt to put it on vandy big time to let out the frustration.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Where did you hear this reshuffle rumor or is this just your opinion of what should happen (JJ to LT)?
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemsdave76 wrote:Where did you hear this reshuffle rumor or is this just your opinion of what should happen (JJ to LT)?
Coach M already said that JJ was not a LT and would remain at RT. Think he mentioned RJ, RN as possibilies, but pretty obvious that Sowell should not be the starter there based on his skill set and his mindset. Season's about to get rougher I think.

Also want to apologize to the board for my meltdown thur night, will bench myself indefinitely. I've enjoyed talking with you guys. As always Go Rebels.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

bleuwolfe wrote:
olemsdave76 wrote:Where did you hear this reshuffle rumor or is this just your opinion of what should happen (JJ to LT)?
Coach M already said that JJ was not a LT and would remain at RT. Think he mentioned RJ, RN as possibilies, but pretty obvious that Sowell should not be the starter there based on his skill set and his mindset. Season's about to get rougher I think.

Also want to apologize to the board for my meltdown thur night, will bench myself indefinitely. I've enjoyed talking with you guys. As always Go Rebels.
I was just wondering where the original poster heard this b/c he states it as the gospel truth. Watching JJ the other night, he is not the answer at LT either.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

according to Nutt's PC today, there are no changes planned along the OL.
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

olemsdave76 wrote:according to Nutt's PC today, there are no changes planned along the OL.
Great. :x
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

olemsdave76 wrote:according to Nutt's PC today, there are no changes planned along the OL.
Uh, say wha?? :scratch:
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

LCW wrote:
Nutt says no changes on the offensive line. "Weve got the right guys on the field."
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ole Miss might win the rest of their games, I think they should...
skippy17
Water Boy
Water Boy

ReservoirReb wrote:
LCW wrote:
Nutt says no changes on the offensive line. "Weve got the right guys on the field."

If you read the quote and take a literal meaning of it, They still could possibly shift the line around, and just move the left tackle to the right side and shift jerry over to left tackle. All i have to say is they need to fix the OLine problem or it will be a very long season. I haven't lost hope , still think we can win the West and Challenge for the SEC crown !

Hotty Toddy !
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Nutt has done this before, and I might be crucified or banned for saying this, but, I watched the SC game, same as anyone.

The left side is BAD, the play calling is BAD...

for us to make some noise requires changes. Period.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB wrote:Nutt has done this before, and I might be crucified or banned for saying this, but, I watched the SC game, same as anyone.

The left side was bad....period.

I chatted with a former Rebel left guard the other night...he basically broke it down like this......"what Bradley is missing isn't the techniques or the ability....he hasn't yet understood the speed of the game. He isn't playing FAST yet. Once he gets that, he will be fine." He added, " poor LT play can change the entire complexion of the play-calling....it can change how everything is run and make the offense appear sloppy and slow.......(for a right handed QB) fix the LT and it makes the OL's job that much easier....then, the offense clicks."

Makes sense to me....
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

ThunderReb wrote:
OMNOB wrote:Nutt has done this before, and I might be crucified or banned for saying this, but, I watched the SC game, same as anyone.

The left side was bad....period.

I chatted with a former Rebel left guard the other night...he basically broke it down like this......"what Bradley is missing isn't the techniques or the ability....he hasn't yet understood the speed of the game. He isn't playing FAST yet. Once he gets that, he will be fine." He added, " poor LT play can change the entire complexion of the play-calling....it can change how everything is run and make the offense appear sloppy and slow.......(for a right handed QB) fix the LT and it makes the OL's job that much easier....then, the offense clicks."

Makes sense to me....
well, Sowell definitely got a lesson in that speed Thursday. Hopefully now he has seen what to expect (not many even in the SEC better than Norwood at pass rushing) and will understand what it takes to be a quality LT in the league.
Heath
All American
All American

I am wondering if they will start spreading it out more, such as more sweeps to McCluster and rolling Snead out of the pocket more. This may make the O-line better so that they would not have to do regular drop-back pass blocking as much.