www.espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

16th in the Coaches

www.usatoday.com/sports/colleg...ll/usatpoll.htm

No real problems with either.
Randy
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

i realize that auburn is 5-0 but I am just wondering how they went from not being ranked to being ahead of us. Not saying I disagree actually (at this point in the season anyway) but with the way rankings go, that should not have happened.

Another thing I never understood is how USC, when ranked 3, lost to washington - a WINLESS team the previous year and only went to 12. One win later against Washington State and they are back at 7. I am actually surprised they didnt move up after dominating Cal, which would be more understandable then after the Washington State win (although Cal is not nearly as good as people thought) We were 4 and lost to an SEC team in South Carolina (which is now ranked I might add) and went all the way to 21? Then we win an SEC game (although Vanderbilt), and only move up one and get jumped by Auburn.

These kinds of things just do not make sense to me.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I agree that it makes no sense at all. But I do think Auburn deserves to be ahead of us.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Chucky_38 wrote:I agree that it makes no sense at all. But I do think Auburn deserves to be ahead of us.
How so?
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:I agree that it makes no sense at all. But I do think Auburn deserves to be ahead of us.
How so?
I have no problem with them jumping us:

La Tech - W
Miss St. - W
West Vir. - W
Ball St. - W
Tenn - W

Mem - W
Se LA - W
USC - L
Vandy - W

If you had to rank both, who would you rank higher at this point?

If we are an elite team it will all work out in the end.
Randy
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I would rank us higher.

In the same vein that has always been college football rankings.

We came out at no.8, moved to no.5, did the bye thing, and moved to no.4. Meanwhile, Auburn was completely unranked.

Not a good thing for sure, but we than lost to the now no.25 team in the Country at their home stadium.

So, Auburn beat West Virginia? Maybe Ball St. is even considered a quality win, but let us call a spade a spade.

Auburn jumps us on name alone, not actual results.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Even though you have valid points I respectfully disagree. Based on their current body of work, IMO at this point I believe Auburn deserves a higher ranking.

However I think we can agree, whether or not Auburn wins this weekend, if we win there should be no doubt who is the higher ranked team.
Randy
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

rewalters wrote:Even though you have valid points I respectfully disagree. Based on their current body of work, IMO at this point I believe Auburn deserves a higher ranking.

However I think we can agree, whether or not Auburn wins this weekend, if we win there should be no doubt who is the higher ranked team.
I can agree with your latter position, for certain...
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

We hold the key to our destiny. The upward tick can all start with a victory of bama this week. I'm really having faith we win on sat.
I Thank you.
done

If we win, again Top Ten

If we lose, we sing the Unranked Blues! 8)
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Auburn is undefeated and has played three SEC games to our two. In my opinion, any SEC win is impressive and they have won all of theirs. We have not. They deserve the higher ranking for now. Just my opinion.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!