OM vs. Bama predictions?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

I honestly feel it's too early in the morning to think this much, but thought I'd start a thread for score thoughts.

I really really don't know about this game. Always close, we are at home and need to really play our A game this Saturday.

With that being said:

OM 27
Bama 23
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

This game is basically a make or break game because if we lose to bama we will have 2 conference losses and there is no chance that bama will lose 2 games with their remaining schedule and even if they do they will still hold the tie breaker over us. I honestly don't see any way that we will win this game as good as bamas playing and as anemic as our offense is right now. The only chance we will have is to adopt the same strategy we used vs. florida last year, move the ball down the field to keep bamas offense off the field and play solid run defense. If we don't do that it will be a loooong day, Snead will also have to have his best game of his career.

Alabama-27

Olemiss-10..................It hurts me to type that but I really hope i'm wrong about this......
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Reverend 20 - 7 (after further review) = 13
Satan 20 + 7 (after further review) = 27
Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Sorry to say, but I would be shocked by a win. My prediction at the beginning of the season was 5-3 in the SEC. But Alabama and Auburn are both better than I thought they would be. (Even the Sugar Dogs are making some noise). So I still feel that TN, AR, and State are likely wins. But i think we go only 1-2 vs the AU, AL, LSU trio. The way we are playing now, I see that win coming towards the end of the season, probably to the Bengals. Anyhow, I would be satisfied with that scenario above, but i don't really see us being very competitive with AL on Sat.

AL-24
OM-13
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Ole Miss wins a defensive battle as the D scores 2 times.

Ole Miss - 27
Bammer-17
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Call me an optimist...call me an idiot...but never forget I'm a Rebel!

24-21 Ole Miss
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:Call me an optimist...call me an idiot...but never forget I'm a Rebel!

24-21 Ole Miss
Yes you are and an inspiration for us all - so..

Hardy, Powe and their BFF set up camp in the UA backfield; JS channels the CB and Brad steps into Big Mike's shoes and does not allow ANY tider to tackle/hit/rush/press or harass in any way his family -Jevan - leading our beloved Rebels to victory over the arrogant ones

28-27 OM rolls the tide once again - ESPN has the meltdown this time

:x
Last edited by bleuwolfe on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

I remember a few years back when NDame came callng and we were suppose to lose...We WON..AlBarn came to town, we were suppose to lose & Casiue B Ware started a route...We WON (Pat Dye went job hunting)...Then a Fl team came to Oxford & we were suppose to lose...We WON...Sitting in the S EZone just a few years ago with passed out LSU fans laying everywhere & we were suppose to lose...We WON...See the pattern...Rebs 20 Tide 17.
Cajun_L
Water Boy
Water Boy

Man what a match up. I believe Houston will have the guys ready for this one. It's going be seriously physical and loud. No place in the world I'd rather be Saturday

It won't be easy but I think the Rebels show up big
34 - 27 Rebels back in contention!
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

If we bring our A game, 31-14 us.

If we do not play up to our potential, 24-17 bammer.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

UM 23
bamer 16
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The key is to start fast.. Look at what Utah did to them in the bowl game.. They went no huddle on jumped on bamer quick.. They dont play catch up as well as they play with the lead.. We cant play tit for tat with them and expect to win in the fourth quarter.. Jump on them and make them play from behind.. Stop the run and make mcelroy pass it consistently.. We have to speed up tempo offensively, bama is too good to line up and consistently blow off the ball...
vicksburgrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

OLE MISS 10 BAMA 35
amoryhog
Water Boy
Water Boy

vicksburgrebel wrote:OLE MISS 10 BAMA 35

^^^^THIS!!^^^^