Question about the Bama punt in the 4th quarter I believe

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Does anyone know what happened in that Bama punt where the refs called penalties against both teams that cancelled each other out and then gave the ball to Alabama? None of us in my area of the stadium (just above the band) saw a fumble or any reason to give the ball to Alabama. That was the only headscratcher I saw from the refs in this game although I admit I was so deflated watching that offensive performance by our team that I just sat most of the time to watch the debacle unfold before me (it is standard procedure for there to be many of those headscractchers when bama is on the field against any other SEC team, but on Saturday the refs simply were not needed so why risk being caught with their hands in the cookie jar). What happened to award that ball to bama??????
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RichmondVAReb wrote:Does anyone know what happened in that Bama punt where the refs called penalties against both teams that cancelled each other out and then gave the ball to Alabama? None of us in my area of the stadium (just above the band) saw a fumble or any reason to give the ball to Alabama. That was the only headscratcher I saw from the refs in this game although I admit I was so deflated watching that offensive performance by our team that I just sat most of the time to watch the debacle unfold before me (it is standard procedure for there to be many of those headscractchers when bama is on the field against any other SEC team, but on Saturday the refs simply were not needed so why risk being caught with their hands in the cookie jar). What happened to award that ball to bama??????
White boy stripped the ball from DEX going down.........
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Yep, Dexter got nailed on the side of the head and said he went numb. He didn't even know that he had fumbled the ball.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

I remember seeing him on the ground and the ball bobbling around...the Bama guy just took it from him and ran.

I really felt for Dex and also was worried sh*tless when he was helped to the sideline, pointing at his head....could have been bad.
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I wish they would have shown a replay of that play. It happened right in front of us and we didn't see the ball come out until late. We all thought that he could have been down. But no replay was ever shown.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

I sure thought he should have been considered down....flat on his back, as I recall, but the ball was bobbling.
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
fastdrop
Water Boy
Water Boy

they did show the replay....vicious hit and the ball was out before he hit the ground.

Bama hits harder than any team I have seen in a long time.