Even if we turn season around, snead returns

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I, like most of you after the bama game, was just convinced that snead just completely lost everything he gained last year. Now that I think about it i'm willing to give him one more shot at turning this thing around and here's why.....I just got done watching the cotton bowl victory last year and just looking at what Jevan can do when hes comfortable is flat out amazing. He completely looked in control and after every play the announcers where astonished and made a comment on how great of a pro player he would be. Now, we know Jevans struggled this season but this is different then it would be if he had never played well in his career. He has though so we know he can do this if he just dedicates himself to proving all of us wrong. Even if Jevan turns it around I still think he returns for his senior year. If you look at the stats history proves that if a qb has a bad year it usually happens in his second year as a starter. Colt mckoy went through that. Sam bradford went through that. Eli manning went through that and threw more then 15 interceptions his junior year. I really hope snead turns this thing around because when he's on its the most beautiful display of control passing that i've seen in along time.
Dalhog
Water Boy
Water Boy

I actually like Snead, think if he can figure it out, you guys will be in great shape. Just curious though, when did Bradford and McCoy go through "it?"
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Maybe its just what they call the soph jinx. This is Snead's second year. I have been hearing about the soph jinx since I was a kid.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I definitely see Snead coming back. I want him to figure things out, get hit some and run the ball some. He seemed to play a little better after he made a nice run last Saturday and then the next series he was back to '09 form.

If he struggles against UAB, I definitely want to see Stanley in the game. Maybe give Jevan a break and a different perspective.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins