Need some help guys!!!!!!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

umaa18
Water Boy
Water Boy

We are having an office pool this week, and the question is how many INTERCEPTIONS will Snead throw??? :?: :?: :?:

Another Poll in the office; How long will Snead stay in the game??? :?: :?: :?:

Have a REBEL DAY
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

One interception, if that.

He will likely be pulled in the Third Quarter.

If Stanley and Tapp play, it's possible they throw one, but I hope not.

Just my opinion.
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I'll be suprised if he throws any at all. He is going from a world class Defense to a...well..not a world class defense. I say the line gives him more time, his recievers give him some help, and he takes his time, makes his reads and hits his targets.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I'll say 4 or 5, maybe more than that if they blitz alot, he is so scared to get hit, so you can look for him to just throw it up!!!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

umaa18 wrote:We are having an office pool this week, and the question is how many INTERCEPTIONS will Snead throw??? :?: :?: :?:

Another Poll in the office; How long will Snead stay in the game??? :?: :?: :?:

Have a REBEL DAY
No more than one int.
He will be out of the game by mid 3rd Quarter....

Also, look for Bolden to have his largest rushing production game of the season.....
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

you do need some help. What a silly thread and what a silly office pool. Scared to get hit? Did you see the runs he's made in the last two games? He looks pretty fearless to me. He is scared to turn the ball over. The biggest fear when you are back to pass and someone hits your from behind is that you will fumble (hard not too). He gets rid of the ball too soon to avoid that. he is also worrying too much about interceptions which is the sure way to have interceptions. he won't have much reason to worry about either in this game. Vandy and Alabama both have good defenses. Our offense (including Snead) is stuggling somewhat but give a lot of credit to the defenses we've faced. Zero is the only number it makes sense to bet on this weekend. If there is an interception, it will just be one of those fluke ones that happen sometimes. There is no reason on earth to expect otherwise in this game.
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

You stated Sneed was afraid to get hit! Why did he run the ball and get tackled? He isn't afraid to get hit, I think he may be getting tired of taking the blame for all the problems. Remember when Archie played without a line for the Saints? Kind of the same thing isn't it? There are 11 men on the team that ALL have to perform properly for the "Team" to be successful.
RUE
done

Jimbo wrote:You stated Sneed was afraid to get hit! Why did he run the ball and get tackled? He isn't afraid to get hit, I think he may be getting tired of taking the blame for all the problems. Remember when Archie played without a line for the Saints? Kind of the same thing isn't it? There are 11 men on the team that ALL have to perform properly for the "Team" to be successful.
Difference is that Archie was better than his line, Snead is actually playing worse than his line. Time has not been the issue on most of the missed throws and interceptions. The line is young and not as good as last year, but we are in denial if we are blaming Snead's horrible play on the line. Remember the crappy games he had last year when his left tackle was a guy named Oher. I think the reality is that this guy is a streaky, mercurial QB who is great at times and horrible at times and inconsistent always. Such QB's do not win championships and his down cycle has cost us our shot at a trip to Atlanta. Both Bama and SC were very winnable games with average SEC QB play. Regardless of what happens from here on out, we blew a wonderful opportunity to ascend to the big time this year, and the primary factor in that failure was the play at QB.

I like the guy and hope he gets on track and gets us back to a New Year's bowl, but we had a chance for an eagle and right now we are looking at a 3 putt par at best.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Jimbo wrote:You stated Sneed was afraid to get hit! Why did he run the ball and get tackled? He isn't afraid to get hit, I think he may be getting tired of taking the blame for all the problems. Remember when Archie played without a line for the Saints? Kind of the same thing isn't it? There are 11 men on the team that ALL have to perform properly for the "Team" to be successful.
Difference is that Archie was better than his line, Snead is actually playing worse than his line. Time has not been the issue on most of the missed throws and interceptions. The line is young and not as good as last year, but we are in denial if we are blaming Snead's horrible play on the line. Remember the crappy games he had last year when his left tackle was a guy named Oher. I think the reality is that this guy is a streaky, mercurial QB who is great at times and horrible at times and inconsistent always. Such QB's do not win championships and his down cycle has cost us our shot at a trip to Atlanta. Both Bama and SC were very winnable games with average SEC QB play. Regardless of what happens from here on out, we blew a wonderful opportunity to ascend to the big time this year, and the primary factor in that failure was the play at QB.

I like the guy and hope he gets on track and gets us back to a New Year's bowl, but we had a chance for an eagle and right now we are looking at a 3 putt par at best.
You may be right but I respectfully disagree. Snead hasn't cost us anything. Teams don't win the SEC unless they have top 10 talent and are deep at every position. Find me an SEC Champion that hasn't had those things. The SC was winnable but the Bama game was not. No one will beat that monster Saban has built. You expected to much from a team that is not as good as its press.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

Chucky_38 wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:

You may be right but I respectfully disagree. Snead hasn't cost us anything. Teams don't win the SEC unless they have top 10 talent and are deep at every position. Find me an SEC Champion that hasn't had those things. The SC was winnable but the Bama game was not. No one will beat that monster Saban has built. You expected to much from a team that is not as good as its press.
Bama game not winnable? Are you kidding me. As bad as Snead played, if we punch it in instead of kicking that FG with the way our defense was playing, it was very very winnable. And we didn't expect too much. Our defense is clearly as good as any of the top teams, and with just decent QB play we would be undefeated and a top 5 team.

You say our "team" is not as good as its press. Let's look at our "team". Defense: #9 in the nation in scoring defense, #5 in red zone defense, and #2 in 3rd down conversion defense
Running Backs: Bolden 5.3 yards per carry, McCluster 4.4 yards per carry, and Enrique 4.2 yards per carry...apparently the OL isn't inhibiting them
QB: 46% completion rate (41% in SEC play), 6 yds per pass, in the two SEC losses 7 for 21 against SC, 11 for 34 with 4 ints vs Bama....and oh yea, he is ranked 92 out of 100 QB's in the FBS....

Now YOU tell me which part of our "team" has not been as good as its press. Again.....with just decent QB play, we are likely still undefeated and in the top 5. That is not meant as a personal attack against the kid, it is just a statement of fact. He would probably tell you the same thing.
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Zero. I want in on that pool. First, there will be no need for a lot of passing as our running game will wear down this C-USA opponent. Second, this will be the game Snead gets his confidence back.
I Thank you.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: Difference is that Archie was better than his line, Snead is actually playing worse than his line. Time has not been the issue on most of the missed throws and interceptions. The line is young and not as good as last year, but we are in denial if we are blaming Snead's horrible play on the line. Remember the crappy games he had last year when his left tackle was a guy named Oher. I think the reality is that this guy is a streaky, mercurial QB who is great at times and horrible at times and inconsistent always. Such QB's do not win championships and his down cycle has cost us our shot at a trip to Atlanta. Both Bama and SC were very winnable games with average SEC QB play. Regardless of what happens from here on out, we blew a wonderful opportunity to ascend to the big time this year, and the primary factor in that failure was the play at QB.

Bama game not winnable? Are you kidding me. As bad as Snead played, if we punch it in instead of kicking that FG with the way our defense was playing, it was very very winnable. And we didn't expect too much. Our defense is clearly as good as any of the top teams, and with just decent QB play we would be undefeated and a top 5 team.

You say our "team" is not as good as its press. Let's look at our "team". Defense: #9 in the nation in scoring defense, #5 in red zone defense, and #2 in 3rd down conversion defense
Running Backs: Bolden 5.3 yards per carry, McCluster 4.4 yards per carry, and Enrique 4.2 yards per carry...apparently the OL isn't inhibiting them
QB: 46% completion rate (41% in SEC play), 6 yds per pass, in the two SEC losses 7 for 21 against SC, 11 for 34 with 4 ints vs Bama....and oh yea, he is ranked 92 out of 100 QB's in the FBS....

Now YOU tell me which part of our "team" has not been as good as its press. Again.....with just decent QB play, we are likely still undefeated and in the top 5. That is not meant as a personal attack against the kid, it is just a statement of fact. He would probably tell you the same thing.
Oh man that field goal!!! Does anyone remember the Bama player running from the other side of the field trying to get off the field before the snap. I yelled 'Snap the Ball!!!' 5 times before he got off. It was 4th and 4. Would that have been a 5 yard penalty or half the distance?

Either way, Chuck, you just nailed it as far as I'm concerned. At the very least, with decent QB play, we're 4-1 right now. Bama is tough, but that game was winnable with better qb play.
Some Random Dude
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Actually thats wrong. Boldin has struggled in sec play. Boldin is now only averaging 3.5 yds a carry and has only produced 132 yards in 3 sec games, thats why Nutt said he is going to give scott some carries in the rotation.
cajunrebel

jrebel87 wrote:Actually thats wrong. Boldin has struggled in sec play. Boldin is now only averaging 3.5 yds a carry and has only produced 132 yards in 3 sec games, thats why Nutt said he is going to give scott some carries in the rotation.
Bolden
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
done

jrebel87 wrote:Actually thats wrong. Boldin has struggled in sec play. Boldin is now only averaging 3.5 yds a carry and has only produced 132 yards in 3 sec games, thats why Nutt said he is going to give scott some carries in the rotation.
Actually it is not wrong. Bolden has carried the ball 58 times for 308 yards. Get your calculator out....5.3 yards per carry...and the whole offense will continue to struggle in SEC play if our QB is completing 33% of his passes (SC and Bama) and the opposition can key on stopping the running game knowing that our passing game will stop itself.