Ole Miss vs Arkansas

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I believe Snead is back and the defense will be one of the toughest Arkansas will see all year. That and Arkansas coming off a game where they played their hearts out will experience a big emotional downturn.

Prediction :

Ole Miss 45
Arkansas 10
I Thank you.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I like how you think. I'm not quite as confident but I still think we got the better team.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Hogs get this one 31-21.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We have a GREAT defense

Rebs 68
pork bellies 32
Earlene
Water Boy
Water Boy

This one scares me alot, hope they gave it all in the Swamp. They did cause at least 2 of those fumbles and without those iffy calls might have pulled it out. I just hope Snead is on next Saturday.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I'm a big believer in emotion. I think it plays a large role in college football and last year I felt we had that advantage in this game. This year I think they do. Petrino told an Alumni group in Little Rock over the summer that not only would they beat Ole Miss this year, they will run up the score. With that kind of intensity and focus, I'm just not sure we can match them. After all, from our point of view, its just Arkansas.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:I'm a big believer in emotion. I think it plays a large role in college football and last year I felt we had that advantage in this game. This year I think they do. Petrino told an Alumni group in Little Rock over the summer that not only would they beat Ole Miss this year, they will run up the score. With that kind of intensity and focus, I'm just not sure we can match them. After all, from our point of view, its just Arkansas.

Dont read too much into that.. Petrino told a booster club what they wanted to hear. If coaches could deliver on everything they said UT would be #1 in the nation right now.. Maybe from some peoples' point of view its just arkansas but not Nutt for sure.. He will say the right things but he wants to beat arkansas as bad as anybody. He is a players coach and I am sure they will play their best for him...
done

We certainly have the better overall team...clearly the better defense...better RB's and I think better wide receivers. But predicting any of our games from here on out is a crap shoot at best, because we have no basis for any level of confidence in our QB play. It could be superb or it could be crap. Roll the dice...

Purely because of our defense and our coach's vested interest in winning this game and the fact that I think Mallett is a cocky little prima donna (talented cocky prima donna) that will ultimately lose control of his team by snapping at his receivers...I will say..

Ole Miss 34 (leap of faith...that the good #4 will show up)

Swine 17
rebs218
Water Boy
Water Boy

We definitely have a better defense, although the piggies have looked better and better each week. I can't agree on the receivers though. They have some studs and that is even with their best receiver out. I'm just not confident in our offense. Beating up on UAB doesn't mean squat and we have looked very bad against SEC teams...

Ark 31

Ole Miss 24
tidenumber1
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I think you D will have Mallett making bad decisions.

Ole Miss-27

pulled pork-10
Doggtown31LCC
Water Boy
Water Boy

tidenumber1 wrote:I think you D will have Mallett making bad decisions.

Ole Miss-27

pulled pork-10

i don't believe mallett has had a game where he's made bad decisions, inaccurate at times yes, bama just got to him and was very physical with the recievers, nobody could get open and bama's front seven was in his face all day. i haven't watched ole miss since memphis, hows does Ole Miss's D compare to Bama's and Florida's?
Doggtown31LCC
Water Boy
Water Boy

tidenumber1 wrote:I think you D will have Mallett making bad decisions.

Ole Miss-27

pulled pork-10
it almost seems mallett hits covered recievers better than wide open ones
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The Hogs sacked Tebow 6 times. Does that not worry anyone? Especially with our O-line?
Some Random Dude
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Arkansas is playing extremely well right now and they will come into this game with alot of anger from not pulling out that win against the gators and that scares me alot. To win this game we just have to move the ball and sustain long drives to keep that potent offense off the field. If we do that then we can win, if we don't then we lose so i'll put both circumstances up....

If we do those things: Ole miss-35 Arkansas- 28

If we don't do those things: Ole miss-17 Arkansas-38
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

don't give enough credit to our line. Ole Miss ranks 43 in the nation in sacks allowed, which is slightly better than average. Florida ranks 74 which is much worse than average. While it is true that Arkansas has a respectable pass rush (though that is the only thing respectible about their pass defense which ranks 100th in the nation), they are far below Alabama in sacks and Alabama did not sack Snead even once. I think that we'll do ok in the sacks against category.