I have a question..whats up with recruiting...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I was looking at our commitments and although I realize that traditionally Nutt always signs his gem players after the season ends I'm a little concerned that we aren't yet going after the 4 and 5 star caliber players. Like I said, its very early in the recruiting year and most players are waiting to see how the season plays out before committing anywhere. If we finish the season on a roll like last year at 9-3 or 10-2 with a bowl win then I think we'll be aight. We had excellent Freshmen come in last year and we have enough talent returning for the 2010 season to compete in the west but we will have to fill in huge holes in the secondary and offensive and defensive lines. Oh.....and theres the issue of finding a way to replace a unreplacable Dexter MCcluster.......what are yall's thoughts on this matter?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

the positions where we most need the players over the next few years, Offensive Line and Defensive Back, do not have many five and four star rated players this year. Nevertheless, we are still in the running for the top defensive back and a very highly rated offensive lineman who have yet to commit. I look at our needs, our committments and our targets and I think that we are doing alright. Not great, but certainly alright. We also have some non-qulifiers from last years list that we will pick up on scholarship this year and we have been doceked three new scholarships by the NCAA for the upcoming year. Under the circumstances, we are doing as well as can be expected.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

my fingers aren't cooperating today. You get the point though.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

had a five star running back at the game on our sidelines Saturday.
Goroth

What Nutt recruits this year will show us if we will continue to compete. A lot of O's players are going to be headed out after this year. The rest of the good ones will only have a real year left.

So time for Nutt to get hes new team staffed up. Show us that we have a future.
------------------

I recall this time last year a few here were in full freak-out mode over recruiting...remember how we finished?

Not concerned.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nutt recruits at Ole Miss with big contributions this year: Shackleford, Patterson, Grandy, Scott, Massie, Kight. Simon would be there had he not been injured early. I probably have missed some but those are the ones that come to my mind at the moment. Nutt recruit and future star of the wild rebel who redshirted this year-- Cotton. So far he gets a good grade on recruiting as far as I'm concerned.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

in not mentioning two of the biggest contributors-- Campbell and Ritter. Also, Hawkins has been important on our two deep in a very vulnerable position.
Goroth

JustBlues wrote:Nutt recruits at Ole Miss with big contributions this year: Shackleford, Patterson, Grandy, Scott, Massie, Kight. Simon would be there had he not been injured early. I probably have missed some but those are the ones that come to my mind at the moment. Nutt recruit and future star of the wild rebel who redshirted this year-- Cotton. So far he gets a good grade on recruiting as far as I'm concerned.
thought grandy was the future of the wild rebel?
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

When your team is good, no one worries about recruiting. We aint bringing up at all anymore now that were recruiting. We will have a good class when its all said and done so Im not really worried about it.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wild rebel will be Cotton. Not only can he run, he can throw.
REBEL13
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Michael Dyer walked through the area I sit in (Sec B). If any of you have a Rivals membership... maybe you could give us a hint as to what he thought. I saw they have him on the front page today.
It would be incredible to get him in our backfield.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

JustBlues wrote:wild rebel will be Cotton. Not only can he run, he can throw.
Don't forget about Korvic Neat. Many of the recruiting gurus said he was one of the biggest sleepers in the 09 class.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

can fly. he will be faster than mccluster once he has had time with a div 1 S&C coach. Right now he is a little too light, even by mccluster standards, for this level, but he will bulk up and be mcclusteresque with even more speed.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

JustBlues wrote:can fly. he will be faster than mccluster once he has had time with a div 1 S&C coach. Right now he is a little too light, even by mccluster standards, for this level, but he will bulk up and be mcclusteresque with even more speed.
I agree. I'm sure that's why he was redshirted this season.
Rule #1.......Don't panik