IU game

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Looked good first 2 min, not so much the last 3. That IU defense is swarming. They're killing us in transition. WAKE UP REBS.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wildthang80 wrote:Looked good first 2 min, not so much the last 3. That IU defense is swarming. They're killing us in transition. WAKE UP REBS.
Aaaaaaannnd just like that we're up 22-20. I wish I was home watching this. Oh well.
Some Random Dude
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
wildthang80 wrote:Looked good first 2 min, not so much the last 3. That IU defense is swarming. They're killing us in transition. WAKE UP REBS.
Aaaaaaannnd just like that we're up 22-20. I wish I was home watching this. Oh well.
I am!!!! Home watching that is.
Up 8 right now. 30-22.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Up 10. 6:01 left in half.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:Up 10. 6:01 left in half.
Up 16. 3:49
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:
ThunderReb wrote:Up 10. 6:01 left in half.
Up 16. 3:49
Questionable officiating near the end of the half. Rebs by 9 at half.
Goroth

Man I got home an hour ago and forgot all about the game. Hope the 2nd half is just as good.
done

We have great athletes, and great individual athleticism on defense, still no discipline on offense and IU got way too many offensive rebounds early in the game.

We are leading because IU is turning the ball over, but some of that can be attributed to our athleticism. I like the way Gaskin finishes his drives to the basket.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Thanks to Murphy Holloway, for keeping the offensive rebound stats up
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

I think the announcers have hit it on the head about this team is still not used to playing with one another. as they get used to playing with one another, the execution/discipline on the offensive side of the ball will improve.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
------------------

Solid play by the Rebels...was very pleased to see us run away with it starting at the end of the 1st half.

Just wished we'd scored 90, though. 8)
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Big Murph was solid. Good game.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wildthang80 wrote:Big Murph was solid. Good game.
For those that don't know or live in other states...the Rebs DID win by 17.

btw- Sorry about yesterday wild thing.....i backed off after i realized i had hijacked your thread. :wink:

Rebs bench looks like a swing-man clone factory.....so much athleticism.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Don't back off, I want people to comment. I'm more of a reader anyway. I just wanted everyone who could watch to watch.
done

Good win in the respect that we closed the deal and put away a team with inferior talent. Good teams do that. Although I will say that Doc Rivers son looked like a real good ball player for IU.

Let's take care of KSU tonight...we definitely have some athletes. I am wondering if we will have trouble against a real good pivot player but there aren't a whole lot of those in college basketball these days, so we should match up well with most opponents.