To the student body: gee...THANKS!!!!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

------------------

Apparently the Klan is on campus as we speak, and the idiot Gameday crew deemed it worth mentioning...AND IT'S YOUR D@MN FAULT!!! All you had to do was, just for a moment, use your tiny alcohol-addled brains long enough to realize that you needed to SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND NOT YELL "TSWRA"!!

And don't you DARE try to scapegoat the Chancellor. If you had chosen to submit to the authority of the Chancellor, this NEVER would have been an issue, and it was YOUR STUDENT-RUN NEWSPAPER that caused the story to spread like wildfire. The Chancellor was just DOING HIS JOB by attempting to protect the image of the University, and thanks to YOU that image is TARNISHED.

But this is what happens when parents don't whip their kids.
cajunrebel

I was horrified when Fowler talked about it. My wife's comment was, "That can't be good." No *beep*!!!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
------------------

As much as I've wanted to see Gameday on campus, now I hope they NEVER come.
done

I think they mentioned it almost reluctantly and did not harp on it at all...

This too shall pass
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I think they mentioned it almost reluctantly and did not harp on it at all...

This too shall pass
as will some highly prized recruits :x

stupid stupid stupid
Heath
All American
All American

Hopefully Nutt and crew will come out publicly and proclaim that they are not promoting or agreeing with all of this, specifically the Klan, and this will let the recruits know that we (Ole Miss Fans) are not like that.

Well, students, you may have won the battle, but if this continues, WE WILL ALL LOSE THE WAR. :x
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

[quote="Sasquatch"]Apparently the Klan is on campus as we speak, and the idiot Gameday crew deemed it worth mentioning...AND IT'S YOUR D@MN FAULT!!! All you had to do was, just for a moment, use your tiny alcohol-addled brains long enough to realize that you needed to SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND NOT YELL "TSWRA"!!

And don't you DARE try to scapegoat the Chancellor. If you had chosen to submit to the authority of the Chancellor, this NEVER would have been an issue, and it was YOUR STUDENT-RUN NEWSPAPER that caused the story to spread like wildfire. The Chancellor was just DOING HIS JOB by attempting to protect the image of the University, and thanks to YOU that image is TARNISHED.

But this is what happens when parents don't whip their kids.[/quote]

Are they actually "on" the campus or just nearby? So sad....what a train wreck!
guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

It would be nice if we could take the Klan and the Nation of Islam out to some area around Sardis, give them plenty of guns and let them just go at it.. This country would be a better place. We could evern through in that Hispanic racist group too.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

It wasn't the students fault the stupid klan came to oxford and if you were there then you would have seen that it was the students that ran the klan out of oxford! I was there and I will tell you that the whole 10 minutes of the failed rally consisted of every student saying go to hell kkk go to hell! They came on their own accord with twisted ideology and they left humbled. The students had a right to be upset about the song being taken away but they don't support the hateful klan. They proved that saturday.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

jrebel87 wrote:It wasn't the students fault the stupid klan came to oxford and if you were there then you would have seen that it was the students that ran the klan out of oxford! I was there and I will tell you that the whole 10 minutes of the failed rally consisted of every student saying go to hell kkk go to hell! They came on their own accord with twisted ideology and they left humbled. The students had a right to be upset about the song being taken away but they don't support the hateful klan. They proved that saturday.
jrebel, as a student who protested this act, I can tell you that it WAS the students who brought them here. If they had shut up and gotten rid of TSWRA, the klan wouldn't have even heard any news outside of the DM. Nobody woud have cared.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

All of you need to understand the 12 Klansmen were run off campus by a group of about 250, myself included. Read the AJC. You think we condoned this *beep*? f*** no. Only one kind of person is more 2nd class than a coonass--a klansman.
We Are Ole Miss
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mpzreb17 wrote:All of you need to understand the 12 Klansmen were run off campus by a group of about 250, myself included. Read the AJC. You think we condoned this *beep*? f*** no. Only one kind of person is more 2nd class than a coonass--a klansman.
If you drop cheese all over you house, you're gonna attract rats. whether or not you run them off is s decision you make after you have lured them in.
done

I really think that the furor over this nonsense was overshadowed, thank goodness, by the drama of the game. Now maybe we can drop all of this, the chanters will finally see the company they share, and we can get our beautiful song back.

Let's move on..
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

[quote="Rebchuck18"]I really think that the furor over this nonsense was overshadowed, thank goodness, by the drama of the game. Now maybe we can drop all of this, the chanters will finally see the company they share, and we can get our beautiful song back.

Let's move

Houston Nutt was having to take some of his focus away from the Rebels' upcoming date at Mississippi State to deal with the fallout of Saturday's brief Ku Klux Klan rally on the Ole Miss campus. Nutt said about eight prospects didn't make the trip to Oxford due to concerns about the rally.

that's from the Rival's front page
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I really think that the furor over this nonsense was overshadowed, thank goodness, by the drama of the game. Now maybe we can drop all of this, the chanters will finally see the company they share, and we can get our beautiful song back.

Let's move

Houston Nutt was having to take some of his focus away from the Rebels' upcoming date at Mississippi State to deal with the fallout of Saturday's brief Ku Klux Klan rally on the Ole Miss campus. Nutt said about eight prospects didn't make the trip to Oxford due to concerns about the rally.

that's from the Rival's front page

Chuck's reporting the same thing on scout, 8 recruits didn't show up.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food