Snead to turn pro?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

------------------

RebelYel wrote:I hope he stays.
Not gonna happen...his slow start this season and, to be honest, inconsistent play made his draft stock drop like a rock.
done

I am sure he will stay. Maybe we can play Cotton or Stanley the first six games and Snead in the last six, since he needs six to warm up. I will be tight as a tick and holding my breath when the season begins wondering which Jevan will show up. But as I have said all along, when his head is on straight, he is as good as any. Maybe he needs a sports Psychologist.
------------------

I expect some serious competition for the starting spot next year when you throw Cotton and Mackey in the mix. Maybe that will give Jevan the motivation to get his head out of his butt and play up to his full potential.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

I don't know. He is finishing strong, there continues to be talk about his tremendous "potential". Wouldn't surprise me if he at least threw his name in to see where he would be projected, and then go from there. Seems like it is always how you finish, not how you start.
IMO his improved play seems to coincide with the emergence of the offensive line. As I have said before, and I am sure I will say again, I don't care how good your quarterback is, he cannot do it by himself and it all starts with the O line. Kind of hard to complete passes from you backside or while running for your life.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
SedgrickWhite
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sneed isn't ready for the NFL.
done

SedgrickWhite wrote: Sneed isn't ready for the NFL.
He wasn't ready for the SEC the first few games of either of the last two years, one of which included a first round pick and starting NFL left tackle so I am not buying the o-line scapegoat when he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even when he had time in the SC, Bama and Auburn games.
------------------

This is where the "Right Reverend Nutt factor" comes into play. If he could convince Michael Oher to stay another year, convincing Snead should not be a problem at all.
SedgrickWhite
Water Boy
Water Boy

Three problems that wil kept Snead from NFL:

1.) Has no wide receivers in his offense at Ole Miss beside Hodge and D-Mac.
2.) Can't read coverage and make changes.
and
3.) Need another season to groom himself and hire a QB coach to work with him in spring.

Prediction: Dexter McCluster to Cowboys in 2 round!
Last edited by SedgrickWhite on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

SedgrickWhite wrote: Three problems that wil kept Sneed from NFL:

and
3.) Need another season to groom himself and hire a QB coach to work with him in spring.

#4-There is no player named Sneed on our team.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

:D :D :D
done

SedgrickWhite wrote: Three problems that wil kept Sneed from NFL:

and

He has plenty of good receivers (Breaux, Summers, Patterson)..he just never even looks their way. His eyes are on Shay from the moment the ball is snapped.

I think that the Miami Dolphins might be looking to position themselves for a shot at Dex since they expect to continue running Wildcat with Brown when he comes back from injury....Brown and Dex could be their "Thunder and Lightning"....I hope he goes to a Florida team so he will be near his baby girl.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I agree Chuck, Dexter would be a perfect fit for the fins.

However I have this nightmare that oak will take him - Davis loves him some speed. Please God do not allow that pit of horror to take such a wonderful person. I HATE dal so he would never go there(I hope!). Another good fit would be the 9ers, right Mr Willis? and there is always my GMEN (in my dreams, I know). If the FB world was not upside down, I'd say Den, but ..... :( ..sigh.
Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Are there any official NFL draft sites that have analyzed Dexter? I can't find anything. Also, are there any successful NFL football players his size? If so, how are they used?
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm mostly worried about our junior defensive players:
Cornell, Powe, Lockett.....any others? We lose alot just talking about the seniors.....it would be worlds worst if some of our juniors left early too. :cry: :cry: :cry:
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:I'm mostly worried about our junior defensive players:
Cornell, Powe, Lockett.....any others? We lose alot just talking about the seniors.....it would be worlds worst if some of our juniors left early too. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Powe has said that he plans to stay for his senior yr.