Villanova thread

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Getting cozy by the fire for a good one with the Rebs on The Duece (Thats ESPN2 for you older folks). Looking forward to watching how the rebs matchup with a team that is a national title contender. Corey Fisher is a stud and Pena has been hot this tournament. Villanova made the final four last year and have some talent back this year. I don't plan on doing a play by play, so comment away fellas. By the way GTHLSU!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Just flipped it on. 17-14 OM. How have we been playing?
L. S. WHO?
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We started slow in the first 2-3 min ( just like the other two games). We are playing better now, villanova is freakin fast. Warren and polynice have been good at slashing to the lane and then finding white or gaskins open for threes.
Goroth

Better team won the game. Ole Miss played well still. Let the game get away from them. But still was poised and hung in there to compete. Showed me that they can be pretty competitive this year. Maybe a good chance at the West. Which won't be the best year ever for the West.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:Better team won the game. Ole Miss played well still. Let the game get away from them. But still was poised and hung in there to compete. Showed me that they can be pretty competitive this year. Maybe a good chance at the West. Which won't be the best year ever for the West.
This team can be really good I believe. But I've got to agree with Chuck, they look very undisciplined, especially on offense. From about the 12 minute mark to the 4 minute mark in the second half it just didn't look like there was any kind of set offense being run.

But overall, we hung in against a top ten team and gives me confidence. I agree with the announcers also, that this team is still learning to play with each other.
Some Random Dude
Goroth

lewindha wrote:
Goroth wrote:Better team won the game. Ole Miss played well still. Let the game get away from them. But still was poised and hung in there to compete. Showed me that they can be pretty competitive this year. Maybe a good chance at the West. Which won't be the best year ever for the West.
This team can be really good I believe. But I've got to agree with Chuck, they look very undisciplined, especially on offense. From about the 12 minute mark to the 4 minute mark in the second half it just didn't look like there was any kind of set offense being run.

But overall, we hung in against a top ten team and gives me confidence. I agree with the announcers also, that this team is still learning to play with each other.
I agree that at times it was a little sloppy. I almost think that in stretches they are good that way. But when its off its ugly. Against Nova a lot of the jumpers just weren't going down. This might be the team we have all season long. They won't go undefeated in the SEC. But they should be able to play with everyone.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:
lewindha wrote:

I agree that at times it was a little sloppy. I almost think that in stretches they are good that way. But when its off its ugly. Against Nova a lot of the jumpers just weren't going down. This might be the team we have all season long. They won't go undefeated in the SEC. But they should be able to play with everyone.
yeah, there were several missed layups and short shots. Then, Warren just started jacking up threes from half-court late in the game.
Some Random Dude
Goroth

lewindha wrote:
Goroth wrote:
lewindha wrote: This team can be really good I believe. But I've got to agree with Chuck, they look very undisciplined, especially on offense. From about the 12 minute mark to the 4 minute mark in the second half it just didn't look like there was any kind of set offense being run.

yeah, there were several missed layups and short shots. Then, Warren just started jacking up threes from half-court late in the game.
Yea a couple of those behind the NBA line just made no sense. They could of still had a shot to get back in it with some solid def. With some well made shots. But at that point Kennedy looked like he was done with the game. Just let the players play it out.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yeah, he did look like he was done with it until that got it to within 9 at about the 4 minute mark, then he started coaching again.
Some Random Dude