EGG Bowl Thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Well, after a quater of play I have to give the edge to the puppies. They're run D has really stepped it up and they're offense has our D confused. Good job for us stopping them on 3rd down though. We need Dex to break a big one and then a quick defensive stop followed by another long Rebel touchdown drive to take them out of the game. The longer it is close, the better their chance.

Dex just fumbled. Its going to be a bad day.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

If Snead hadn't slipped just a little coming off of the play fake, that would have been six.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Ifs and shouldas are going to be repeated alot today by Rebel fans. Nutt is outcoaching himself right now. We don't have to throw long on them. No need for that. Line up and run it at the worst run defense in the SEC.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Meanwhile, our own defense is "bending" a little too much, I'm afraid.
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

We are missing too many open field tackles.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

A great touchdown drive to end the half there. This game looks alot like MState's game with UF. I hope we can pull away better and faster than the Gators did. We really need to force a quick punt and then get a long, grind it out type touchdown drive to really take their fans out of it.

However we do it, I just hope we can win this one. Winning in the SEC is tough, winning on the road is tougher. Winning in the SEC on the road against a team who hates you and makes beating you their whole season...well that may be impossible.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Relf is troubling me. He is gonna be big-time for State for the next couple of seasons.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What the frick is wrong with the D?!

Suck-a$$ D and no down-field threat for the O!!

Choke-job!!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

We have given up 20 points to MState. Our run D was dead on arrival today. We just don't want this one as much as they do. You have to credit Dan Mullen. He is an arrogant AHole that behaves like a child in regards to us but he got his team up, came up with a great game plan and is getting the job done against a superior team. He made this game a must win from the day he was hired and he has done an amazing job so far. State made a great hire.

As for us, if you can't beat a 4-7 Mstate team then you have no business playing in a New Year's bowl against Joe Paterno's boys. An 8-4 season is still a good one.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

YEAH ..... Are we going to *beep* away a 10 win opportunity today? Starting to look like it. Im officially nervous after that interception.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Is Powe a senior or a junior? Athletically I mean.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

PATHETIC
Ronald Reagan
done

Better hope LSU beats Arky or we lose the Cotton..

Did I mention that Snead sucks
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Snead is useless
I'll add about five more players to that list, sad, sad, sad!
Randy