Excited to play the Rebs in the Cotton!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GoPokes09
Water Boy
Water Boy

G'day gents! I just wanted to give a hello from a Cowboy and let you gentlemen (and gentlewomen) know that you can come on our board (orangepower.com) and talk (productively) about the game whenever you would like.

Unfortunately, the seasons for both of our teams have turned out extremely disappointing. I guess it can all be chalked up to expectations right? We thought that we would knock off Texas for sure, but the best quarterback in our history decided to throw 4 passes to the other team for some reason.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what you guys thought of our squad and give us a run down of how you think you match up. Go Pokes!
------------------

Let me be the first to welcome you to Rebel Faithful. Looking forward to a rematch with the Cowboys in the Cotton Bowl!
cajunrebel

GoPokes09 wrote:G'day gents! I just wanted to give a hello from a Cowboy and let you gentlemen (and gentlewomen) know that you can come on our board (orangepower.com) and talk (productively) about the game whenever you would like.

Unfortunately, the seasons for both of our teams have turned out extremely disappointing. I guess it can all be chalked up to expectations right? We thought that we would knock off Texas for sure, but the best quarterback in our history decided to throw 4 passes to the other team for some reason.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what you guys thought of our squad and give us a run down of how you think you match up. Go Pokes!
Welcome to the board. We look forward to the next few weeks of talking about our teams match-ups with your fans. Come often and we hope for an exciting game in the new stadium as well as a great send off for our seniors, especially Dexter McCluster. Good luck!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

GoPokes09 wrote:G'day gents! I just wanted to give a hello from a Cowboy and let you gentlemen (and gentlewomen) know that you can come on our board (orangepower.com) and talk (productively) about the game whenever you would like.

Welcome to RebelFaithful! I remember watching ya'lls game vs GA and being very impressed! I look forward to a great game
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Our QB had a meltdown too this season. If our QB is on it is on, but if he is off, I hope they pull him and put in our 2nd string QB who is just about as good.
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

Lets hope both of our "good" QBs show up so we can enjoy a heluva game with the cowpokes! If they don't show up tho, it will be a long day for one squad or the other. Hopefully not both!
GoPokes09
Water Boy
Water Boy

beachbumreb wrote:Lets hope both of our "good" QBs show up so we can enjoy a heluva game with the cowpokes! If they don't show up tho, it will be a long day for one squad or the other. Hopefully not both!
I agree. I have no idea which Cowboys will show up on Dec 2nd. Gundy has taken some serious heat this year over the offense's lack of production after a fantastic 2008 and nearly everyone returning (at least those who don't lie).

Both teams have strong running games and hot/cold passing games, but luckily our run defense has been superb this year with 3 senior linebackers. Unfortunately, our leading tackler (Donald Booker) may be out for the year with a knee injury. It hasn't been announced yet.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

going to be a great challenge. Ok State is a very experienced team. They run the same 4-3 on defense that we do. The front seven are ALL seniors except for one junior Defensive End. The secondary are also all seniors except for one. The offensive line-- all seniors but one. A senior QB and a senior RB. A very solid team. I'm looking forward to the matchup.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:going to be a great challenge. Ok State is a very experienced team. They run the same 4-3 on defense that we do. The front seven are ALL seniors except for one junior Defensive End. The secondary are also all seniors except for one. The offensive line-- all seniors but one. A senior QB and a senior RB. A very solid team. I'm looking forward to the matchup.
The linebackers are undersized by SEC standards but are fast. The front four look very solid and could pass for an SEC front four. Of course, they have a good big 12 offense. We'd best bring our best game.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I am tickled pink to get to play OSU...My next door neighbor moved from Guymon, OK about 10-12 years ago and his family have always been huge OSU fans...all wonderful people and I couldn't ask for better neighbors...However with that said, I introduced him to Ole Miss and he loves US too. I also got him a job working with me as an Usher for all of the Ole Miss sports events and he is tickled that we are facing off in the Cotton Bowl too. I kind of feel like my Big 12 team is OSU because of him. Both of us couldn't be happier.
Later,
Hagar
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

our coach played at Ok State and was an assistant coach there at one time as well.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I already like these fans better than the techies.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

TT fans were just a bunch of diks. If we never play them again I'll be just fine with that.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

A10Rebel wrote:TT fans were just a bunch of diks. If we never play them again I'll be just fine with that.
What would you expect from a team picked by a "weirdo" like Leech! I am using the term loosely too
Later,
Hagar
Heath
All American
All American

Last time we played OSU, I had to sit on the OSU side. And I must say, they OSU fans were very classy and great. We had a great time. If I remember correctly, there was only 1 "a$$hole" fan in the whole bunch, which is pretty good. I am really looking forward to this. Already have 8 tickets for the family!!