Nutt to Kansas?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Have you guys heard this? The piggies are going crazy with: "Told ya so.....typical Coach Nutt...etc."
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nutt likes the SEC. Also likes more $$$. So do I.
GeorgiaRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Houston would be swallowed up in all the specially "made for
a giant" furniture left over in Mangino's office.
That's crazy. Kansas has almost always been a coaching graveyard.
Turner Gill may be brave enough to take that job, if no better offer
comes along.
done

Pure Hog slop...why would anyone go from the SEC to the Little 12?

IMO Kansas will hire Turner Gill this week.
Goroth

Kansas is a crap job. Why would any named coach want it. Wouldn't make any sense. Kansas has been a bottom feeder longer than Vandy. I will be shocked if another coach can get in there and go to an Orange Bowl.
Heath
All American
All American

My hogfan friend told me this too and I told him that I am not buying it for a minute. Then he said, "Nutt always did this at Arkansas when he knew tough times were coming. He does this to get an extention."

But, what dumba$$ hogfans do not know is that in the state of Mississippi, Nutt cannot recieve more than a 4-year extension on his contract. So, at the end of this season, he will get another year added onto his contract to make it 4 years. So, I'm not buying into this story. Sorry Hogfans. Go oink up another tree!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Nutt and his agent have a history of trying to squeeze more dollars at the end of winning seasons. But I doubt very seriously that Nutt is even remotely interested in this job. Thats a tough place to win and I doubt Kansas would be willing to pay more than the 2.5 million we are paying Nutt now.

But at this point in college football, nothing suprises me.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Heath wrote:My hogfan friend told me this too and I told him that I am not buying it for a minute. Then he said, "Nutt always did this at Arkansas when he knew tough times were coming. He does this to get an extention."

But, what dumba$$ hogfans do not know is that in the state of Mississippi, Nutt cannot recieve more than a 4-year extension on his contract. So, at the end of this season, he will get another year added onto his contract to make it 4 years. So, I'm not buying into this story. Sorry Hogfans. Go oink up another tree!
They might want to worry about their own coach taking the job :wink:
Rule #1.......Don't panik
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I heard some talk that M$U's Mullin is under possible consideration. That WOULD be a step up for him, IMO. But you have to admit, he did much better than expected, and almost took a big one or two (see LSU).
But, rumor is as rumor does...
done

BobReb wrote:I heard some talk that M$U's Mullin is under possible consideration. That WOULD be a step up for him, IMO. But you have to admit, he did much better than expected, and almost took a big one or two (see LSU).
I would agree MSU to Kansas would be a step up....Kansas probably has more money and also if you are a .500 team you have a legitimate shot in the Little 12 North each season.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BobReb wrote:I heard some talk that M$U's Mullin is under possible consideration. That WOULD be a step up for him, IMO. But you have to admit, he did much better than expected, and almost took a big one or two (see LSU).
Last place in the SEC west is "better than expected"?
cajunrebel

LOOK.AT.THE.SOURCE.

STUPID.PIGS.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Yes, in that they nearly won a couple of big games, and DID beat us. They never gave out by the end of the year as they did under Croom. And it appears that they will be an improved team next year. Couldn't say any of those things this time last year. Seems to me Mullins' has done a pretty decent job.
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Chucky_38 wrote:Nutt and his agent have a history of trying to squeeze more dollars at the end of winning seasons. But I doubt very seriously that Nutt is even remotely interested in this job. Thats a tough place to win and I doubt Kansas would be willing to pay more than the 2.5 million we are paying Nutt now.

This is true. Nutt and his agent ( who is very good at his job btw ) Used the Nebraska job after the 03' season to squeeze some more dollars out. After that, it kind of became a yearly escapade. He was rumored for the LSU job after it became available as well.

On the Nebraska deal, Nutt said he was "on the plane" and decided to come back. So, you can take it how you want too I guess. He always recruited well up in the Kansas Juco's so, his name is good up there I would presume.

There's not a good reason for Nutt to leave OM right now. He's not a money chaser and he's not about moving a lot. Only way I could see him leaving OM is if he got a great, top level job opportunity or he had a couple of bad seasons (6-6 or worse) and felt like he served his purpose at OM.

Now, his agent is an agent. So they tried a lot of things here and I am sure they will at OM. That prediction is based on Nutt's previous actions that even he has admitted too (not fabricated).
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

spudhog wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:Nutt and his agent have a history of trying to squeeze more dollars at the end of winning seasons. But I doubt very seriously that Nutt is even remotely interested in this job. Thats a tough place to win and I doubt Kansas would be willing to pay more than the 2.5 million we are paying Nutt now.

This is true. Nutt and his agent ( who is very good at his job btw ) Used the Nebraska job after the 03' season to squeeze some more dollars out. After that, it kind of became a yearly escapade. He was rumored for the LSU job after it became available as well.

On the Nebraska deal, Nutt said he was "on the plane" and decided to come back. So, you can take it how you want too I guess. He always recruited well up in the Kansas Juco's so, his name is good up there I would presume.

There's not a good reason for Nutt to leave OM right now. He's not a money chaser and he's not about moving a lot. Only way I could see him leaving OM is if he got a great, top level job opportunity or he had a couple of bad seasons (6-6 or worse) and felt like he served his purpose at OM.

Now, his agent is an agent. So they tried a lot of things here and I am sure they will at OM. That prediction is based on Nutt's previous actions that even he has admitted too (not fabricated).
Saban recommended him for the LSU job, so that rumor may not have been a rumor. But I'm not sure.

And there is a difference of an actual rumor of him going to Kansas and the chance that Arky fans are fabricating it. Which one it is for sure, I don't know.
Some Random Dude