Friday morning scrimmage

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

gooseisloose
Water Boy
Water Boy

Did anyone catch any of it? I have only seen the highlights from olemisssports.com
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Nope, bet the defense did well and the offense was ok.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

no but there was a thread on nafoom stating that it brought back memories of O's first team - nightmare stuff
done

bleuwolfe wrote:no but there was a thread on nafoom stating that it brought back memories of O's first team - nightmare stuff
From what I have seen of Nafoom posts they always lean toward the negative and can be taken with a grain of salt. I spoke with one of the player's father yesterday and he basically said that the defense is as good as ever and the offense is figuring some stuff out (which is what you would expect when trying to settle on a new QB)....I know it is our nature to nit pick and micro-analyze because we are starving for some football (just like we do with recruiting) but as with recruiting I trust Nutt and staff...and I imagine T-Nix and Powe will have their guys spitting fire by September....
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

when Powe cuts back on the catfish, you know hes serious - and hes slimmed even more - so expect those quick feet come Sep. Spring/summer is for hope and visions of Rebels dancing into the endzone, while Landsharks feed on the mighty QBs not wearing Red & Blue. 8) I'll save worrying for the 1st wk of Sep.
------------------

I STILL want to see Powe lined up in the backfield and take a handoff for a TD.

If that happens, somebody just gonna have to carry me out of the stadium, 'cuz I'm gonna go home to be with Jesus.

8)
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Me too, Bro! Can you imagine just how loud VH would get? Vesuvius would have nothing on us! :mrgreen:
------------------

bleuwolfe wrote:
Me too, Bro! Can you imagine just how loud VH would get? Vesuvius would have nothing on us! :mrgreen:

I for one, would be screaming so loud the top of my head just might pop off!! :lol:
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

i hope Powe scores one too. The NAFOOM guys arent really negative, just calling it like it is I think. If you think the offense wont struggle this year, youre out of your mind. No experience at any position and unless Mackey is the real deal, no QB that real;ly makes me think that will change. But I do like Stanley a lot. The defense will have to carry us this year and the offense will have to hold the ball to get our defense rest and hope to put up a few points.
done

I must be out of my mind, because I think the offense will be at least as good as last year, if for no other reason than I think that turnovers will most assuredly be down and that I really like our RB's and I am not as down on our WR's as everybody else seems to be. I really think there are situations where you have addition by subtraction...and at least at the QB position I think no matter who wins the job that will be the case.

Can we replace Dex...no...never...but if we spread the offensive production around then we will in fact be a better team. Will we struggle at times offensively...probably...but I just don't think we will struggle as much as we did last year when nobody, most importantly the team, had any idea what was going on with #4 at any moment throughout the year.

I think that both Breaux and Summers are better WR's than they are getting credit for (I think that WR's took a rap that was in part due to their QB)....I think that Bolden and Scott provide a great 1-2 punch at RB and if Enrique may give us some gravy at the position...I think that Grandy and hopefully Mackey will give us weapons in the Wild Rebel (and actual passing potential in the formation)...and I honestly saw something in Stanley that gives me hope...something that resembled composure...O-line is a question, but that and QB are two areas that I think will actually benefit from the meat of our schedule being back loaded...they will have some time to gel before the tougher games.

My tongue isn't red from Kool-aid, but I am also not pessimistic. Cautiously optimistic.