3-9, 1-7 (SEC)

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Why do I feel like we will finish the season 3-9, 1-7 (SEC)??? I know, don't get down just yet. But come on, JSU??? And yes, I know Eli lost to memphrica U his senior year. But really, JSU??? I'm just sick to my stomach, the only thing that makes me feel any better is that I work with a few gator fans. They tried to bust my chops about the loss, but all I had to do was tell them that we aren't going to TEBOW (cry) about it! LMAO!!! But then again, JSU??? Sniff...... :cry:
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

I dont see us winning an sec game at all this year. so 3-9 would be great.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
TheUnsub
Water Boy
Water Boy

I was thinking 4-8, but then I looked at the schedule and don't see where those 4 would come from. 3-9, 2-10. We have become Mississippi State earlier in the decade.
WaveProf
Water Boy
Water Boy

TheUnsub wrote:I was thinking 4-8, but then I looked at the schedule and don't see where those 4 would come from. 3-9, 2-10. We have become Mississippi State earlier in the decade.
In fairness, you'll bounce back faster and further than Miss State did or will. I'm not saying this year. I'm just saying Miss State has struggled to make minimal progress and still has a short horizon. This is the only year in recent memory that I think we (Tulane) might have A chance (and I thought that before yesterday) against you. The same MAY be true by next year (though we don't play) but it certainly won't be that way for long. I've felt we match up against Miss State pretty much every year for a decade (and we have beaten them multiple times in that decade) and I don't see that changing soon.

Not trying to paint a rosey picture, but I do think your future is brighter than it probably feels right now.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

batman50 wrote:Why do I feel like we will finish the season 3-9, 1-7 (SEC)??? I know, don't get down just yet. But come on, JSU??? And yes, I know Eli lost to memphrica U his senior year. But really, JSU??? I'm just sick to my stomach, the only thing that makes me feel any better is that I work with a few gator fans. They tried to bust my chops about the loss, but all I had to do was tell them that we aren't going to TEBOW (cry) about it! LMAO!!! But then again, JSU??? Sniff...... :cry:
I don't know, but it must be that you're feeling really optimistic or you weren't watching yesterday. Who are we going to beat??? Tulane.... I wouldn't hold my breath. Tulane would have beat Jack St by 3 or more TD's. Fresno? You're dreaming. I'm not saying we won't win 3 games or that we don't have a chance to beat anyone, but if we play like we did the 2nd half yesterday, we won't win a game.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

It sucked losing to Jax ST, but I think what will really tell us about our team is how they come out against Tulane Saturday night. If they come out flat and struggle and we lose again we are in deep, and I mean deep, trouble. However, if we can use this game as motivation for the rest of the year, it's possible we may get to 6-6 and go bowling.
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

rebelbear wrote:It sucked losing to Jax ST, but I think what will really tell us about our team is how they come out against Tulane Saturday night. If they come out flat and struggle and we lose again we are in deep, and I mean deep, trouble. However, if we can use this game as motivation for the rest of the year, it's possible we may get to 6-6 and go bowling.
x2
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

colreb74 wrote:
batman50 wrote:Why do I feel like we will finish the season 3-9, 1-7 (SEC)??? I know, don't get down just yet. But come on, JSU??? And yes, I know Eli lost to memphrica U his senior year. But really, JSU??? I'm just sick to my stomach, the only thing that makes me feel any better is that I work with a few gator fans. They tried to bust my chops about the loss, but all I had to do was tell them that we aren't going to TEBOW (cry) about it! LMAO!!! But then again, JSU??? Sniff...... :cry:
I don't know, but it must be that you're feeling really optimistic or you weren't watching yesterday. Who are we going to beat??? Tulane.... I wouldn't hold my breath. Tulane would have beat Jack St by 3 or more TD's. Fresno? You're dreaming. I'm not saying we won't win 3 games or that we don't have a chance to beat anyone, but if we play like we did the 2nd half yesterday, we won't win a game.

I feel like we will win the following games: LA-Lafayette, MS State, and Ark.. POSSIBLY even LSU.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

colreb74 wrote:
There are several flaws in your analysis. For one thing, I don't think that Tulane is better than JSU. I have believed all along and still believe that Tulane is the worst team on our schedule. Additionally, I am certain that we are better than we showed in the second half on Saturday. We can learn from that mistake and move on, in which case we will either win seven or eight games or we can let it get us down and drag the rest of the season and just win four or five games. Right now I feel like we will win seven but if the team really lets the fire get lit under them, then we could do a little better than that. Teams have certainly lost to worse than JSU before and bounced back to do well. Other teams have lost to better and let it ruin their season. I predict that Tulane on Sunday morning will look like Hiroshima on August 7, 1945, but then we have to bounce back quickly and start SEC play.
Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

batman50 wrote:
colreb74 wrote:

I feel like we will win the following games: LA-Lafayette, MS State, and Ark.. POSSIBLY even LSU.
You really think Tulane will beat us? And Vanderbilt? Are you for real? We will beat Kentucky also, AND we will win at least one more SEC games out of the LSU-Auburn-Miss State-Tenn-Ark bunch. Climb down off the ledge.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Married An OM Girl wrote:
batman50 wrote:
colreb74 wrote:[

You really think Tulane will beat us? And Vanderbilt? Are you for real? We will beat Kentucky also, AND we will win at least one more SEC games out of the LSU-Auburn-Miss State-Tenn-Ark bunch. Climb down off the ledge.
Kentucky will be tough, but if we play like we should, we will beat them. Same with Fresno State.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

I feel like we will win the following games: LA-Lafayette, MS State, and Ark.. POSSIBLY even LSU.[/quote]

You really think Tulane will beat us? And Vanderbilt? Are you for real? We will beat Kentucky also, AND we will win at least one more SEC games out of the LSU-Auburn-Miss State-Tenn-Ark bunch. Climb down off the ledge.[/quote]
Kentucky will be tough, but if we play like we should, we will beat them. Same with Fresno State.[/quote]

I agree, if we play like we "should". This past weekend just makes me wonder if we will, that's all.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:I feel like we will win the following games: LA-Lafayette, MS State, and Ark.. POSSIBLY even LSU.
You really think Tulane will beat us? And Vanderbilt? Are you for real? We will beat Kentucky also, AND we will win at least one more SEC games out of the LSU-Auburn-Miss State-Tenn-Ark bunch. Climb down off the ledge.[/quote]
Kentucky will be tough, but if we play like we should, we will beat them. Same with Fresno State.[/quote]

I agree, if we play like we "should". This past weekend just makes me wonder if we will, that's all.[/quote]
This past weekend could well be what inspires us to achieve. I am old enough to have seen a LOT of football games in my life and I've seen a lot of upsets like this (by every team out there). Some teams have rolled over and played dead for the rest of the year after a stunning upset while others have used it as a springboard to a good season. We'll see what happens in this case. There is no doubt that Ole Miss grossly underachieved Saturday, now we'll see if they pick themselves up.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

JustBlues wrote:
batman50 wrote:I feel like we will win the following games: LA-Lafayette, MS State, and Ark.. POSSIBLY even LSU.

I agree, if we play like we "should". This past weekend just makes me wonder if we will, that's all.[/quote]
This past weekend could well be what inspires us to achieve. I am old enough to have seen a LOT of football games in my life and I've seen a lot of upsets like this (by every team out there). Some teams have rolled over and played dead for the rest of the year after a stunning upset while others have used it as a springboard to a good season. We'll see what happens in this case. There is no doubt that Ole Miss grossly underachieved Saturday, now we'll see if they pick themselves up.[/quote]

You are correct Justblues, I can only hope that the players are EVEN MORE embarrassed about what happened than the fans are! They should have JSU shirts with the words "Never Forget" printed on them, and wear them under their pads for EVERY game this year!!!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

C'mon guys, put the razor blades down and put the top back on the painkillers and get off suicide watch, its going to be okay! For those of you thinking we will win 3 games, shame on you. We ole miss fans out of all people should know that one game doesn't define a season. Must i give reasons? Flash back to 03, we lost to texas tech and memphis and start the season 1-2, then we roll off 7 straight wins before losing to lsu and finish 10-3. Look at Nutt's first year. We lost to wake forest, vandy, south carolina, and bama. We are 4-4 at that point, then go on to win 5 straight games. This season is not over by a long shot and i doubt you can give me one reason on why we shouldn't trust coach nutt and this team. Nutt has countless times risen up from the ashes like a phoenix and had a great year. Hell, look at his 2006 year with arky. They begin the season losing by 50 to usc then win 10 straight and make it to atlanta. This season isn't over so get your red and blue out and have some optimism.