You remember...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

It was a JP game, early kick off. It was Tim Tebow, it was in Gainesville. We had lost to Vandy, Wake Forrest, we had NO CHANCE. We sat down to watch it, in the back of our minds was the Ark-LSU game the year before. We did'nt have McFadden or Jones for that matter, but we watched it anyway. This Florida team was invincible, the coach is a legend, they were the best--national champs. Why even play the game? We were going to lose--BADLY. That didn't happen. Just gives you a small glimmer of hope for the next game. Bama looks invincible, so well coached and full of the best players America has to offer.
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Bama > Florida
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GoneToOxford wrote:Bama > Florida
Bama>Flordia>Mistake<LSU>USCE>Vandy<Awbarn>Kentucky<OM>.....

I think you missed his point.
Randy
Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I sat in my living room in the Year of Our Lord 2010 and watched the New Orleans Saints win the Super Bowl. Anything can happen now.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

We had a defense then....
manningesk
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

This game might get ugly
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Sure, it can happen. But Bama is so much better than Florida was that year. Bama is practically an NFL team. And Saban has shown he can coach circles around Meyer. The first UF win against them was a fluke.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

And at the time Florida was not playing very well. And in my opinion we have not played very well this year. Bama will beat us badly. I am expecting us to be shutout. Most of our points against UK were off turnovers and Bama well they dont turn the ball over.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's not that bama isn't one of the greatest teams I ever saw and our team is just now startin to put things together. We already understand that. Yet I have seen some of the greastest teams not win it all because they peaked too early. This is just game 6 weekend. Bama was so impressive against Florida that I could not find a weakness. I'm gonna watch the sc game this weekend and I bet I see the same thing. They will have stomped their first big run. Penn St, Ark, Fla and SC. Now ya dealin with 19/20 yr olds for the most part. They can lose focus at the twitch of a tight skirt. Well to be honest I still can but it won't get me anywhere at my age. Point being, they are number 1 and they know it. Their fans know it. They will hear how great they are everyday. They could lose their edge just a bit. They are at the top of the world as they lay wood on SC, their last real challenge. I have seen it before, ya let that edge, killer instinct, focus or how many other things that have to be straight to win a nc slip and its hard to get it back. They could get it back for a game but once it slips team wise their timing with each other is off a little. To add to it, all great coaches say their best team didn't go as for as some other teams they had. So I ask, did bama peak too early?
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

bbqit wrote: did bama peak too early?
I hope so! Either way, I expect it to be a lot closer than most expect. However, this year I am more than willing to give up a beat down at the hands of 'bama as long as we can embarrass arky!
Forward Rebels!
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Love this optimism, but set through almost 4hrs of football this past
Sat against KY & saw nothing that leads me to believe we have the O or D to hang with Bama...A lot of E-W running and a shaky D. Will be pulling for Bama continue there roll for the SEC.
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

We can hope its atleast a close game. Who knows.
hottytoddyrebelgirl23
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

At this point, I'm just hoping we can get thru the game with no more injuries.....
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

hottytoddyrebelgirl23 wrote:At this point, I'm just hoping we can get thru the game with no more injuries.....

This^.

Ya can't compare the 08 fla win with this bama game. We matched up well with fla but only the green bay packers match up with bama. I do hope for a let down though. They will have had a big run of big wins, homecoming will be going on and they play the team that lost to jacksonville st.
done

I am too old and have seen too much weird stuff to ever say "never".... 8)

....but not likely :cry: