Bama Game Prediction Thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

Like others have said, the loss to the Gamecocks could result in two mindframes for the Tide.

1) They are driven by Saban to make a statement and blow us into the next county/country.

2) They have tasted defeat and that will hang around for another week in their brains.

Afraid it's #1, but hoping not.

Prediction:

Bama 48
OM 21

Hate to post that.
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

after hearing McElroy after the game, I'm sure that they wil lcome after us:

them 42
us 17
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:after hearing McElroy after the game, I'm sure that they wil lcome after us:

them 42
us 17
McElroy is more the Jimmy Olson type...
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We were 14 point underdogs Before last week.

Bama 49

Christians 21
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

Well we all know what happened after we beat Florida in 2008.....

I say Alabama responds like crazy and we look like a Jr High team...hope I am wrong

Cutoff jean shorts with Namath jersey and Houndstooth hat - 38
Mascot debacle is all anybody in the stands talk about - 17
Heath
All American
All American

Well, I live in Austin and I am always boasting about the strength of the SEC. I would like to keep the National Championship streak alive and I think Bama is our best shot at that. I don't think Auburn, LSU, Arky, or S. Carolina will be strong enough to win out and play in NC game. I think if Bama and S. Car. play again in SEC Champ. game, Bama beats 'em. It kinda sux that we are already out of the national championship contention (yeah, I'm in disbelief, too 8O ), so I feel I need to root for our SEC brethren. Therefore, I feel like I win either way it goes this weekend becuase I wouldn't mind an upset, but wouldn't mind if Bama goes the rest of the year undefeated either (as bad as that stings when I type it :x ).

The school where female cheerleaders also double as the mascot (elephant) 42
School where there is no mascot 14
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Heath wrote:Well, I live in Austin and I am always boasting about the strength of the SEC. I would like to keep the National Championship streak alive and I think Bama is our best shot at that. I don't think Auburn, LSU, Arky, or S. Carolina will be strong enough to win out and play in NC game. I think if Bama and S. Car. play again in SEC Champ. game, Bama beats 'em. It kinda sux that we are already out of the national championship contention (yeah, I'm in disbelief, too 8O ), so I feel I need to root for our SEC brethren. Therefore, I feel like I win either way it goes this weekend becuase I wouldn't mind an upset, but wouldn't mind if Bama goes the rest of the year undefeated either (as bad as that stings when I type it :x ).

Don't care at all about how the rest of the country sees the SEC anymore. I generally pull for the other team whenever LSU, Bama, Ark, UF, and UT are playing. In fact, it would give me great pleasure if LSU and Bama never got another first down. Don't care if that makes me a bad SEC fan--it does, however, make me a good Rebel 8)

Coach who historically loses again immediately following the first loss of the season - 41
Coach who historically beats someone he shouldn't following losing to someone he shouldn't - 44 OT
cajunrebel

"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

She's the type to video Saban through a peephole in his hotel room.
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Heath wrote:Well, I live in Austin and I am always boasting about the strength of the SEC. I would like to keep the National Championship streak alive and I think Bama is our best shot at that. I don't think Auburn, LSU, Arky, or S. Carolina will be strong enough to win out and play in NC game. I think if Bama and S. Car. play again in SEC Champ. game, Bama beats 'em. It kinda sux that we are already out of the national championship contention (yeah, I'm in disbelief, too 8O ), so I feel I need to root for our SEC brethren. Therefore, I feel like I win either way it goes this weekend becuase I wouldn't mind an upset, but wouldn't mind if Bama goes the rest of the year undefeated either (as bad as that stings when I type it :x ).

I understand your reasoning, but I truly dislike this post! Being a fan of the SEC does not outweigh or equal being a fan of your team. That is disgusting. It is like the fans of SEC west schools who cheered for Alabama against SC. Why? If Bama loses they have 1 SEC lost on their record. Ole Miss has one SEC lost on their record. So until we play Alabama and lose why on god's green earth would you want Alabama winning last weeks game or not caring if they won this weeks game?

Alabama winning more National Titles along with Auburn, and LSU means they have a better ability of cherry-picking Mississippi kids than they already do! It means it makes their school stronger. Cheer for Georgia, Florida, or South Carolina till your hearts content (they are not in the SEC West) but don't think the measly extra $2 million split and ability to brag on the SEC of a national title is worth having schools in our division winning a national title. You should a cheer for your school to beat another team, and Second always cheer for an SEC East team to beat your SEC west foes.

I've learn you cannot predict football so I'll go the optimistic route with the Rebels winning in a shootout. 42-38. Hopefully our offensive production continues enough that we can outscore them also throw in a couple of turnovers created on defense or special teams. Other than that I will go into the game expecting the rebels to win, but if it happens to be incorrect I won't cry if they lose (actually I rarely get upset about a lost, but I always cheer for a win)
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

StrongRebel wrote:

I understand your reasoning, but I truly dislike this post! Being a fan of the SEC does not outweigh or equal being a fan of your team. That is disgusting. It is like the fans of SEC west schools who cheered for Alabama against SC. Why? If Bama loses they have 1 SEC lost on their record. Ole Miss has one SEC lost on their record. So until we play Alabama and lose why on god's green earth would you want Alabama winning last weeks game or not caring if they won this weeks game?

Alabama winning more National Titles along with Auburn, and LSU means they have a better ability of cherry-picking Mississippi kids than they already do! It means it makes their school stronger. Cheer for Georgia, Florida, or South Carolina till your hearts content (they are not in the SEC West) but don't think the measly extra $2 million split and ability to brag on the SEC of a national title is worth having schools in our division winning a national title. You should a cheer for your school to beat another team, and Second always cheer for an SEC East team to beat your SEC west foes.

I've learn you cannot predict football so I'll go the optimistic route with the Rebels winning in a shootout. 42-38. Hopefully our offensive production continues enough that we can outscore them also throw in a couple of turnovers created on defense or special teams. Other than that I will go into the game expecting the rebels to win, but if it happens to be incorrect I won't cry if they lose (actually I rarely get upset about a lost, but I always cheer for a win)
THIS^^^^^^^ x1000000
Planodoc
Water Boy
Water Boy

I think we are 21 point underdogs!! About the same as Florida 2 years ago.

With 2 weeks to prepare, I say OM 31- ALAJama 28

Doc
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm changing my prediction. After listening to Saban's presser I say he goes for two with three minutes left in the game.

Bama 50

Christians 21
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebs by 7
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think it is a woodshed beating - Bama 56, Ole Miss 10

I hope I am wrong