carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

How does everyone think we did?

Respectable?
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I believe in this team. The defense has grown up the past 4 weeks. Minus a couple terrible personal foul calls....this game could have been different.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
GulfCoastRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Team looked good tonight. Bama boosters must have paid some money to the refs..espcially on the on side kick.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I'll further my comment about the defense: As hard as the KY wildcats have played the last 2 weeks, I don't feel as bad about our D giving up so many against them. I feel for anyone who has to play KY down the stretch.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

I didn't feel miserable this morning, but one thing did bother me. I read a post a while back saying (and I'm paraphrasing) "I hope Nutt expected us to be 5-0 going into this week, and has a few plays we haven't seen yet he's saving for Alabama".

Thinking about the game, the only play I could put into that category was the inside kick... How original! Grant it, it worked... excluding the late BS offsides call from the farthest referee... But I expected to see a play from scrimmage that I hadn't seen yet.

Masolli left...
Masolli right...
Masolli middle...
Throw in a few runs by Bolden and a few passes... You get what you get.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

colreb74 wrote:I didn't feel miserable this morning, but one thing did bother me. I read a post a while back saying (and I'm paraphrasing) "I hope Nutt expected us to be 5-0 going into this week, and has a few plays we haven't seen yet he's saving for Alabama".

Thinking about the game, the only play I could put into that category was the inside kick... How original! Grant it, it worked... excluding the late BS offsides call from the farthest referee... But I expected to see a play from scrimmage that I hadn't seen yet.

Masolli left...
Masolli right...
Masolli middle...
I really hope the mods keep you around. This is fun. Just keep talkin. That's all you have to do. :lol:
You've been soaked in hog slop. You may need to go to the doc and get some antibiodics.
Last edited by badmotorfinger on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

badmotorfinger wrote:
colreb74 wrote:I didn't feel miserable this morning, but one thing did bother me. I read a post a while back saying (and I'm paraphrasing) "I hope Nutt expected us to be 5-0 going into this week, and has a few plays we haven't seen yet he's saving for Alabama".

Masolli left...
Masolli right...
Masolli middle...
I really hope the mods keep you around. This is fun. Just keep talkin. That's all you have to do. :lol:
"inside kick".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

All in all, not bad. If we would have just had some more offense it would have been a lot closer. I didnt feel bad at all this morning while waking up until I saw the Clarion Liar and saw State being the headline. Jealous a little but whatever, bout time they won something.

Lets move on to Arkansas and hope for a rebound. WE MUST WIN ONE OUT OF THE NEXT TWO TO HAVE A CHANCE AT A BOWL.
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

By the way, who was the Ole Miss Receiver whose knee got in the way of that catch that he could have gone all the way in that first drive?
We were all sick and kept referring to him as kneecap throughout the whole game. Catches like that have to be made in order to win against the good teams.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Masolli left...
Masolli right...
Masolli middle...
Throw in a few rebels dropin a few passes and you'd be singin something .....oh wait...no, you're just still *beep* about the Arky loss today. Poor piggie.!!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BovinaREB wrote:By the way, who was the Ole Miss Receiver whose knee got in the way of that catch that he could have gone all the way in that first drive?
We were all sick and kept referring to him as kneecap throughout the whole game. Catches like that have to be made in order to win against the good teams.
Markeith Summers, and that was huge! The Safety had crashed down on the screen and there was NOOOOOOOO one in the middle of the field. All he had to do was outrun the corner and it was six.

Set the tone for the rest of the game in my opinion.
Randy
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

rewalters wrote:
BovinaREB wrote:By the way, who was the Ole Miss Receiver whose knee got in the way of that catch that he could have gone all the way in that first drive?
Markeith Summers, and that was huge! The Safety had crashed down on the screen and there was NOOOOOOOO one in the middle of the field. All he had to do was outrun the corner and it was six.

Set the tone for the rest of the game in my opinion.
Careful!!! You're borderline criticizing one of the players. LOL
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I know Masoli isn't a pocket QB, but I found myself yelling at the TV last night when he rolled out and ran out of bounds 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing it away.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

We did much better than I thought we would. Losing on the road to Bama by only 13 when they had something to prove is impressive. Our d played great. Our offense did not. I don't know why we couldn't seem to adjust to their defense, but that was disappointing. Bama is not the machine I thought they were. They aren't a great team.

Now we have to figure out a way to beat one of these next two teams. 6 wins will be a struggle. But I think we can pull it off.

The Egg Bowl is going to be wild this year. As I have said numerous times since his hire, we badly need Mullen to take a better job. He is a great young coach.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Our defense looked better and actually kept us in the game. Four sacks on McElroy for the nite. It seemed we moved the ball better in the 3rd quarter when we were using a "hurry up" offense. But in the fourth quarter we struggled again.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!