Well we have staff changes, and i like them

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I think Nutt did a good job in selecting these 4 new staff members we now have. I think he finally realized that radar needed to go because all he did was take up money space that needed to go to staff members that actually have a job to do.
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

i think we will have a plenty potent offense but i wont have an opinion about the d until this fall. lee was a great hire for our offense. brewer was a great hire 4 our offense and recruiting. expect a good balanced pro style offense
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I think our defense will be better, which isn't saying much since it flat out sucked this past year. But, I think our linebackers especially if we can land CJ(Shackleford is quickly gaining my respect as a top backer in the league) will be a strong point and hopefully the secondary will make progress. I am not too worried about the D-line as it is usually a good unit.

Now, to the offense. I can say that the running game SHOULD be good as it was last year. Of course the quarterback situation is gonna be a fight like last year until opening weekend which I disagree with...I think nutt needs to make a decision heading into summer and stick with it. The receiving core is what I am most excited about as I think we had a decent group last year that couldn't really show what they were really capable of because of the offense focused on Masoli last year. With the new guys coming in the offense COULD be explosive in a pro-style offense. O-line should be strong....hopefully.

I don't see this team winning the SEC next year, but it could win 7-8 games and be a nice outlook for seasons to come. I am optimistic about it but hoping for the best. I also like the coaching changes and think they are all great hires. Can't wait till August.
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

grove bowl
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Does anyone know if powe will be returning and if so what does our defensive front 7 most likely look like by the first game?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Does anyone know if powe will be returning and if so what does our defensive front 7 most likely look like by the first game?
he will not be returning. He applied for the NFL draft, hired an agent and will play in the Senior Bowl.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

jrebel87 wrote:I think Nutt did a good job in selecting these 4 new staff members we now have. I think he finally realized that radar needed to go because all he did was take up money space that needed to go to staff members that actually have a job to do.
4 new staffers-who is the fourth?
Lee, Brewer, and Burns=3.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'