Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/ ... oone-says/

I think swearing is now appropriate!
------------------

Short of him being found with a dead hooker at the Ole Miss Motel, none of us expected him to go anywhere.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I seems like you only show up here at the low points in our programs.

I'm not a fan of AK right now. I do have to agree with Rick Cleveland, however. Why pay over 3 million to buy out AK when the chances of bringing in someone better is not high?

Put that money towards a new arena and restructure the contract to ease the burden of a future buy out.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:I seems like you only show up here at the low points in our programs.

I'm not a fan of AK right now. I do have to agree with Rick Cleveland, however. Why pay over 3 million to buy out AK when the chances of bringing in someone better is not high?

Put that money towards a new arena and restructure the contract to ease the burden of a future buy out.
Boom baby. I am sick and tired of a coaching carousel. Making a change because we're *beep* about AK's performance makes ZERO sense when planning for the future. We suck it up, ride out AK's remaining years, put the money towards an arena and facilities which will make our job more attractive to coaches AND players. Then, when AK's contract is over, we re-load, do an ACTUAL exhaustive, intense, thorough coaching search and offer a ton of money to a proven guy, or a decent amount to a well thought out up and comer. Anything else is proof that Boone is a batter brained, jake legged, hind sighted turd burglar.
L. S. WHO?
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

rebelliousb wrote:I seems like you only show up here at the low points in our programs.

Begging your pardon rebellious, but given the fact that we historically have more low points than high points, when is this poor fellow supposed to post...
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

felicianareb wrote:

Begging your pardon rebellious, but given the fact that we historically have more low points than high points, when is this poor fellow supposed to post...
ZING!!!

Have you already forgotten about September 6th through September 23rd, 2009?
L. S. WHO?
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

I've been in this forumn for the high and (mostly) low points over the past 14 months. And been a fan over many high and lows for the past 36 years

You really think we cant get someone better than AK? I would argue the odds are much greater of us landing a better coach than AK if we get rid of him now. And yes, it's a lot of money... But a lot less than UM athletics brings in each year! AK will not agree to a contract restructure unless it benefits him.
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

I would say there are around 3,900,000 reasons to keep him. Money is an issue to pretty much everyone but Obama.
Goroth

I may be the only person here. BUTTTTTT I don't mind if he comes back. I am sick of a lot of things from him. But I still believe he can do the Rebels some good.

Sure everyone wants a top problem in all sports. But keeping myself in the real world. Ole Miss basketball will never be a Duke.

So yes I am good with him coming back. Lets see if he can bring in some better talent. Namely a PG. One that can lead an offense and setup some plays.
------------------

We also have our FIRST McDonald's All-American playing for us next year. If AK can't make something happen next year, he'll be on the hot seat...BIG TIME.
Goroth

Sasquatch wrote:We also have our FIRST McDonald's All-American playing for us next year. If AK can't make something happen next year, he'll be on the hot seat...BIG TIME.
I fully expect 20+ wins with the team he has coming back and coming in. As long as players don't leave. Should be a decent chance for him to move into the Tourny again. Unless players that are coming in end up a big time bust. Then I will just be so very very upset.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Here's the problem that our school is facing: We have a large buyout for Ak, were about to put money up for a new arena, and we have the possibility of having to buy out coach Nutt after this upcoming year if he has another bad year. No school can afford to do all 3, much less us. I heard sports 56 talk about this last night. The administration knows that football is more important to fans, so they are preparing for the possibility that if we have another bad football year, the heat will be on Nutt much more then it is on ak.
------------------

Problem #1: listening to Sports56 for ANY info about Ole Miss. 90% of the time they are clueless about Ole Miss...ESPECIALLY Weinberger.
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

While I know Sports 56 is a major player in the Memphis market, we really do get shafted by the station!!!
Goroth

jrebel87 wrote:Here's the problem that our school is facing: We have a large buyout for Ak, were about to put money up for a new arena, and we have the possibility of having to buy out coach Nutt after this upcoming year if he has another bad year. No school can afford to do all 3, much less us. I heard sports 56 talk about this last night. The administration knows that football is more important to fans, so they are preparing for the possibility that if we have another bad football year, the heat will be on Nutt much more then it is on ak.
Plus football pays most of the bills. You want the fans to be happiest about that sport.