Murphy Holloway

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

In an interesting twist, Murphy Holloway wants to transfer back to Ole Miss...
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Thats a rumor going around all the message boards but no official announcements been made yet. So if that happens and we get him back all we have to do is convince malcolm white to transfer back and we may have a team...
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

already being reported by a columbia station he has been granted his release from USC; not sure how the rules operate if a player transfers from a 4-yr school to another 4-yr school, then back to the 4-yr school he originally signed with in terms of being able to play right away. If he can't play next season, is it worth it?

link
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

THe rule is he has to sit out a year...again. So it doesn't matter at all that hes going back to a school he was already at.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Maybe he gradiated and wants to work on his Masters in Park management
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

I hope he's no longer seeing girls in South Carolina...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:THe rule is he has to sit out a year...again. So it doesn't matter at all that hes going back to a school he was already at.
There's a good possibilty he'l be eligble next season. No sure deal, but good chance. Get all your facts before making such statements.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
done

rebelliousb wrote:Maybe he gradiated and wants to work on his Masters in Park management

That there is some funny yit! :lol:
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

interesting...Buckner, Holloway, and Kendrick could be a great team if AK could figure out how to coach these kids.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote:interesting...Buckner, Holloway, and Kendrick could be a great team if AK could figure out how to coach these kids.
I read on another board that Kendrick will have to sit the '11 season. Is that right? Can someone confirm? If that's true, he won't be able to play with Murph.
L. S. WHO?
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

oxpatchreb wrote:
WildRebel wrote:interesting...Buckner, Holloway, and Kendrick could be a great team if AK could figure out how to coach these kids.
I read on another board that Kendrick will have to sit the '11 season. Is that right? Can someone confirm? If that's true, he won't be able to play with Murph.
Kendrick isnt eligible until after the fall semester ends. He will miss 6-8 games.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

john_avery_fast wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:
Kendrick isnt eligible until after the fall semester ends. He will miss 6-8 games.
10-4. Just saw that on RCR as well. I was dumb and assumed that sitting out meant the whole season.

If the season starts round about the same time as the 2010 season, in mid November, and if he has to sit until after Xmas, he'll miss about 12-13 games, no? Will he be practicing with the team during that time or will he literally be coming in cold?
L. S. WHO?
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I believe the actual "fall semester" ends before Christmas, so I believe he can play some at the end of 2011 season(correct me if I'm wrong). Also, a player can practice with the team if ineligible, just can't play in games. Hope this kid is what he's made out to be. Like I said, those three players have the ability and talent to be something amazing. So, if AK can somehow get his $hiznit together and develop a true point guard, we have the tools to be a good team next year.

*edit: play at the end of 2011 year.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote:I believe the actual "fall semester" ends before Christmas, so I believe he can play some at the end of 2011 season(correct me if I'm wrong). Also, a player can practice with the team if ineligible, just can't play in games. Hope this kid is what he's made out to be. Like I said, those three players have the ability and talent to be something amazing. So, if AK can somehow get his $hiznit together and develop a true point guard, we have the tools to be a good team next year.

*edit: play at the end of 2011 year.
Very nice. Here's to hoping that Dundrecous ignores every single piece of coaching AK gives him and plays as a true PG is supposed to play.
L. S. WHO?
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

All I can say is welcome back.

Also, when referring to said ball player please call him by his correct name.

(In Tad Pad announcers voice) Biiiiiiiiiiig Muuuuuuuurph!