Oh Chuck

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

about your new choice for starting QB::

From Kyle's Tweet
QB Zack Stoudt missed today's practice. Nutt said he sent him to do homework. Might not play in tomorrow's Grove Bowl.

not a student athlete?

and here's the CL blog link: http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/ ... rove-bowl/
done

Stoudts not necessarily my Guy just like his size and everyone here talked him up when we were looking at him. But if he is another Robert lane in the smarts department then this whole situation is a further indictment of Nutts handling of the QB situation over the last two years and the short term 4 win masoli experiment. He has basically run off the only experienced qb off by letting him know that he would have no chance no matter what he did on the field in a real game. Now we are left with one qb who is one good lick away from being gone and one who apparently can't understand the play book and one who isn't even eligible. This is ridiculous. Instead of going for that great short term gain of 4 wins last year we should have been developing someone.
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Wow! This is an interesting development.

Let's reflect on our situation. Stanley wised up and got out. Stoudt is having academic problems. Brunetti may not get the transfer waiver.

If everything breaks the wrong way, that leaves an unproven Randall Mackey, Evan Ingram and Robert Ratliff as our QBs for 2011.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Winners stay and work to EARN the starting job, losers quit. See ya! Bye bye.

Will the the whinning ever stop?
done

bleuwolfe wrote:Winners stay and work to EARN the starting job, losers quit. See ya! Bye bye.

Will the the whinning ever stop?
Rewrite history all you want..he did earn it last year and when your coach basically tells you he will not give you a chance what are you supposed to do..but regardless, Nutt's handling of the qb situation has left us in a very precarious situation because he has looked for short term solutions instead of coaching and developing qbs.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

bleuwolfe wrote:Will the the whinning ever stop?
In a word, no. It will only stop (for a time anyway) when Nutt leaves. Apparently to a segment of our fans, Nutt has committed an unforgivable sin when he dared to bring in another quarterback last year. This segment will never forget it and in their hearts, they hope the team suffers this year and Nutt is fired as punishment for trying to win ball games. And i know this segment is gonna bash me for posting this, but they need to see how bitter they are acting. I mean, it's as if Nutt cut their own kid from the team or something. Let the bashing begin.
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

bigtreydaddy wrote:
In a word, no. It will only stop (for a time anyway) when Nutt leaves. Apparently to a segment of our fans, Nutt has committed an unforgivable sin when he dared to bring in another quarterback last year. This segment will never forget it and in their hearts, they hope the team suffers this year and Nutt is fired as punishment for trying to win ball games. And i know this segment is gonna bash me for posting this, but they need to see how bitter they are acting. I mean, it's as if Nutt cut their own kid from the team or something. Let the bashing begin.
I am for one glad the way things went down. Stanley wasn't SEC material in my opinion. Good kid, but just couldn't keep up with the speed of the game.

If we have another losing season, I won't be upset if Nutt goes. Just depends how bad the season is. Great coaches have one bad season, but typically don't follow them with another. With that being said, I think Nutt will bounce back. Look for us to be a sleeper team this year.
done

bigtreydaddy wrote:
Telling the truth has nothing to do with bitterness.
I said when he brought him in that it would not
only NOT result in wins last year but more
importantly that it would leave us at ground zero
for this year. Go read my posts and see. Then tell
me what part of that is untrue. The undeniable
truth is that his handling of the qb situation did
not bring us wins and put an absolute halt to ANY
qb development and that IS why we are where we
are right now with real problems at the position.
As far as me, and let's be honest it is me you are
talking about, wanting a team I have died cried and
bled for for more than 40 years to suffer, you do
not have a *beep* clue what you are talking about. I rooted for this team
every snap masoli took just as hard as I did when
Archie and Eli took the snaps. Because I don't want
what's best for Stanley Masoli Mackey or Stoudt..I
want what's best for the Ole Miss Rebels. And I like
Nutt but I KNOW that his handling of the QB
situation has hurt our team. I pray that Mackey
can do the job and stay healthy but if you aren't
scared about where we are at qb, your head is
buried in the sand. I am hoping that the future is a greyshirt from itawamba ahs but he wont be if he us not developed and given a shot instead of just being a body waiting to backup another future transfer down the road. Do you realize how few ole miss games over the last 7 years have been started by a qb that signed with us out of high school? Not many..and that is no way to build a long term winner in this league.
done

carl winslow wrote: I am for one glad the way things went down.
If you are glad that it "went down" that we enter the spring game playing maybe only one eligible QB and that being a QB being one who has never taken a snap in a big boy college football game, then wow more power to you!
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Chuck, you are most certainly not alone, so I was not referring to you specifically. If I was, I would've said so. But I have read your posts. The vast majority of your posts and others who are of like mind have been extremely negative. Stanley, Masoli, Nutt, bear, whatever--all negative. That's what leads me to believe there's some kind of resentment there. You've got more experience being a Rebel than I do based on age alone (not a shot 8)), so I guess thats why I don't get your general disposition lately. We've been through all this before. Why all the negativity?
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

the thing is, people who trusted Nutt and were all giggity about him coming here don't allow him the expertise to watch Stanley at practice and in the film room etc. to determine that he was not a "developmental possibilty"

If Masoli had been a white guy kicked out of BYU for carrying a new testament around in his shirt pocket, there would be no resentment. That's my opinion until the tone of it all changes.

If you took the highlights of Jevan to the NFL scouts and ESPN, without knowing how he would play or practice without a Michael Oher blocking for him... at the end of his sophomore year, you would project him as a first rounder his junior year.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well the going has gotten tough. Now we will see if we have any tough to get going.

btw- i am going to play a tough round of golf today
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

when you say "experienced qb" does that mean when we pulled snead only to return him cause stanley threw more INTs multiple times?
done

Y'all really don't get what I am saying. Forget Stanley...I am not talking about Stanley. I am talking about the inability to sign and develop qbs. Under orgeron and now nutt that has been as weak as I have seen in all my years. And that its now biting us in the butt. I don't care if it was Stanley or mackey, someone other than masoli should have been taking the snaps last year. We wasted a year. This has not really been about the individual players for me, beyond my belief that we need a taller drop back passer. This is about my concern that maybe the arky trolls are right about Nutt being a QBK.

And to be as frank as possible rebellious, no I don't trust nutt on this. And I think I have a real basis for that lack of trust.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So name the "great" QBs since Weese, excluding Eli, and Stewart Patridge....the JC transfer might be at the top... No lower than top 3. Who else have we "developed into a SEC champion QB since the Col started prancing on the sidelines?