Offensive Line question

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bluegasman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hi Rebels. BYU fans here looking forward to the game. I was reviewing Old Miss roster and noticed that several OL were not on this years roster that played last year. What happened to them?

The 2 that came to mind was Logan Clair and EJ Epperson. Both are missing from the 2011 roster. I know your OL will be good but I only see 11 players listed as OL. To me, that seems not a very deep.

Thanks for your reply and hope its a great game on Sat with no injuries!

BYU 31 Rebels 21
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

bluegasman wrote:Hi Rebels. BYU fans here looking forward to the game. I was reviewing Old Miss roster and noticed that several OL were not on this years roster that played last year. What happened to them?

The 2 that came to mind was Logan Clair and EJ Epperson. Both are missing from the 2011 roster. I know your OL will be good but I only see 11 players listed as OL. To me, that seems not a very deep.

BYU 31 Rebels 21
E J Epperson is now a Fullback and TE Logan Clair was a grade casualty I think. I might be wrong about Logan.
Later,
Hagar
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

its ole miss not old miss cmon man. Thats like me saying michael jackson's favorite college is bring'em young
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Yeah we're not deep at all at any position. Should be high school scrimmage for BYU. I mean with an SEC schedule we figure why bother having any depth anywhere...

Best of luck.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
------------------

I fully expect to be heading for the nearest exit by the end of the 1st quarter and will likely be home in time to finish watching the game's miserable conclusion from the comfort of my living room.

:|
Goroth

Sasquatch wrote:I fully expect to be heading for the nearest exit by the end of the 1st quarter and will likely be home in time to finish watching the game's miserable conclusion from the comfort of my living room.

:|
I figured I would sell my tickets, maybe have to give them away. Just so that I wouldn't feel bad about not recycling the paper.
bluegasman
Water Boy
Water Boy

kjreb wrote:its ole miss not old miss cmon man. Thats like me saying michael jackson's favorite college is bring'em young

EXCUSE ME....... wow... I will just refer to you as Mississippi Rebels then....

and for what its worth..its not 'bringem young...its breed em young' come on...get with it...
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

bluegasman wrote:Hi Rebels. BYU fans here looking forward to the game. I was reviewing Old Miss roster and noticed that several OL were not on this years roster that played last year. What happened to them?

BYU 31 Rebels 21

Yeah don't worry about the Offensive line. What was it? 9 or 10? That started multiple games last year. Due to injuries, illness, Rigshawed, etc..
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

bluegasman wrote:
kjreb wrote:its ole miss not old miss cmon man. Thats like me saying michael jackson's favorite college is bring'em young

EXCUSE ME....... wow... I will just refer to you as Mississippi Rebels then....

and for what its worth..its not 'bringem young...its breed em young' come on...get with it...
good stuff. at least some of ya'll have a sense of humor
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

BYU 31 Rebels 21
Epperson has never been an OL; started out at TE for a season and eventually moved to FB; Clair left the program, academics cited.
As to the numbers, we have 18 listed OL (some are designated as C, some as OL, some as OG, some as OT), 14 returners and 4 true frosh; of the 14 returners, 9 have starting experience. In comparison, BYU has 17 players listed as OL.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm not sure what roster he was looking at, but I just checked the ole miss roster and counted 17 interior offensive linemen, several of whom have playing time in real games. I think that our OL is overhyped just a little, but they are good and they are deep.