Al michaels

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

hbsurvey23
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Just said a guy is a very good receiver but he drops a lot of passes.
He's starting to make Collinsworth sound pretty smart.
Burrrrrrrr.... There's a cold front moving through Oxford.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

hbsurvey23 wrote:Just said a guy is a very good receiver but he drops a lot of passes.
He's starting to make Collinsworth sound pretty smart.
I heard the same thing. :lol:

"This is a very good truck but it won't start most of the time."
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Michaels also said that Mike Wallace went to Mississippi. And so it begins..... The emasculation of our beloved University.While not incorrect at all..... it drives me nuts! Slowly but surely I'm starting to think that our current administration, along with the liberal media, does in fact have a hidden agenda to take away any and all things associated with Ole Miss and quite possibly turn us into the University of Mississippi Black Bears.

BTW, I'm also so sick of former players not saying they went to Ole Miss. If they are ashamed of us, we should be ashamed of them and they shouldn't be welcomed back with open arms. They are reaping the benefits of what they received at Ole Miss, be it education, housing, meals, coaching, opportunity, etc. and should be thankful for the chance they were given and want to give back regardless of the current state of the program. Look at Deuce and Eli if you need a role model for how to represent your alma mater, former players!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Sorry for the thread hijack btw.
ReconRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

theghostofcolonelreb wrote:Michaels also said that Mike Wallace went to Mississippi. And so it begins..... The emasculation of our beloved University.While not incorrect at all..... it drives me nuts! Slowly but surely I'm starting to think that our current administration, along with the liberal media, does in fact have a hidden agenda to take away any and all things associated with Ole Miss and quite possibly turn us into the University of Mississippi Black Bears.

BTW, I'm also so sick of former players not saying they went to Ole Miss. If they are ashamed of us, we should be ashamed of them and they shouldn't be welcomed back with open arms. They are reaping the benefits of what they received at Ole Miss, be it education, housing, meals, coaching, opportunity, etc. and should be thankful for the chance they were given and want to give back regardless of the current state of the program. Look at Deuce and Eli if you need a role model for how to represent your alma mater, former players!

Yeah; Tonight it was Mike Wallace being the only player for the Steelers in the opening self-intro's who failed to acknowledge his college.
Last week it was Peria Jerry . Last year it was over-hyped Michael Oher making some idiotic statement about being from "North Watkins Street"
in Memphis or something along those lines. We get the message; and it really has nothing to do with "the current state of the program".
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Geez. Please don't start the whole "THEY'RE TAKIN ARE TRADISHUNS!!1!" crap. There is no conspiracy to remove "Ole Miss" or "Rebels" ever. EVER. Sorry they took away Colonel Reb, but that's where it ends. In fact, Michael Thompson has said he made sure that ESPN would refer to us as "Ole Miss" from here on out. Where's the conspiracy in that?
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

And not that any of our former players ever read message boards, but I'm sure that b:tching about them "being ashamed" would not be the way to get them to say what college they went to. If I was a player and saw all this horsecrap about me needing to say I was from Ole Miss, I'd keep saying my high school/neighborhood too just out of spite.

By the way, they're not ashamed of where they went to school. This is actually a common practice among NFLers (but conspiracy all you want regardless)
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

First off, i didn't mention any "tradishuns", only the name of the school and the new mascot, and if I did I wouldn't spell it like that. It offends me sometimes, as I'm sure I also offend sometimes, that an intelligent fan can't post their 1st amendment opinion in a thoughtful and intellectual way without being branded an idiot. Unfortunately, the internet doesn't provide the respect I feel is deserved by some, including myself with 3 college degrees and over $50,000 worth of student loan debt to the University of Mississippi from being labeled as hell bent, non-modernizing, backwards thinker because of their opinion.

Question #1: Do you think for a second that Michael Thompson has the authority to tell ESPN what to do and they'd do it just because he said so? I don't.

Question #2: Do you think for a second that Michael Thompson doesn't answer to a higher authority that can tell him what to do? I do.

Question #3: Have I ever gone on record on this site or any other saying that I wanted Colonel Reb back? I haven't... and I don't. It would be much more embarrassing for us all.

Obviously, you know much more about Ole Miss athletics than I and are much more educated as well. So, I'll just go ahead and differ all my future opinions to whatever yours is since you're obviously right and I'm obviously wrong. So go ahead and say all is well with Ole Miss athletics, that "all" our former players are great ambassadors for the University, that I'm an idiot, and you're a superhero. I'll be happy to agree.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

They will gang up on you and castrate you... They did it to me when I first joined. Quite unprofessional. And a bit shameful. Apparently "freedom of speech" does not apply here
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Funny thing is I had forgotten that I had "just" joined since I've been using this as my most accurate and first source of Ole Miss info for over 2 years. Just got up the courage to start posting though..... and boom went my dynamite!

BTW, that's tired but I never get tired of saying it. Hey, at least I think I'm funny!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

AtlantaRebels wrote:They will gang up on you and castrate you... They did it to me when I first joined. Quite unprofessional. And a bit shameful. Apparently "freedom of speech" does not apply here
no offense man, but your first amendment right has nothing to do with internet message board squabbles...it has everything to do with the government, be it federal, state, or local, telling you you can't say certain things. No one here is sanctioning you or censoring you, and even if they were, they aren't a government entity. You of course have the right to your opinion; others who post here have the same right. Just because some on this board disagree with your opinion doesn't mean they are 'infringing' upon your right to free speech, which again, only a government entity can do as the first amendment does not apply to private persons.

ok, off soapbox, have a great afternoon. Go Rebels.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
------------------

AtlantaRebels wrote:They will gang up on you and castrate you... They did it to me when I first joined. Quite unprofessional. And a bit shameful. Apparently "freedom of speech" does not apply here
"Unprofessional"??? Seriously? Dude, this is a SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD. And "shameful"???

holy crap... 8O
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

theghostofcolonelreb wrote:First off, i didn't mention any "tradishuns", only the name of the school and the new mascot, and if I did I wouldn't spell it like that. It offends me sometimes, as I'm sure I also offend sometimes, that an intelligent fan can't post their 1st amendment opinion in a thoughtful and intellectual way without being branded an idiot. Unfortunately, the internet doesn't provide the respect I feel is deserved by some, including myself with 3 college degrees and over $50,000 worth of student loan debt to the University of Mississippi from being labeled as hell bent, non-modernizing, backwards thinker because of their opinion.

Question #1: Do you think for a second that Michael Thompson has the authority to tell ESPN what to do and they'd do it just because he said so? I don't.

Question #2: Do you think for a second that Michael Thompson doesn't answer to a higher authority that can tell him what to do? I do.

Question #3: Have I ever gone on record on this site or any other saying that I wanted Colonel Reb back? I haven't... and I don't. It would be much more embarrassing for us all.

Obviously, you know much more about Ole Miss athletics than I and are much more educated as well. So, I'll just go ahead and differ all my future opinions to whatever yours is since you're obviously right and I'm obviously wrong. So go ahead and say all is well with Ole Miss athletics, that "all" our former players are great ambassadors for the University, that I'm an idiot, and you're a superhero. I'll be happy to agree.
Jesus. Touchy much? So I disagree with what you said about the removal of "traditions" and all of a sudden I'm the arrogant *beep* who "knows more about Ole Miss athletics than you and am much more educated as well?" Grow up. I don't care how many degrees you have. I don't care how smart you think you are or how condescending you think I am. Believe it or not, people can have disagreements on a damned internet board and it not infringe on any first amendment rights. But I like that because I disagreed, you went ahead with painting me as the assh*le. Preemptive strike, eh? Notice I didn't call you an idiot or suggest such in my post, but having said that, you win. You're an idiot. Also I'm a superhero. I know way more about absolutely everything than you do. I make a million dollars a year. I own fourteen Bentleys. Home in the Hamptons. I have recently developed a cure for cancer. Everyone loves me, and sometimes I step down from my home in the hills to mingle with the simple folk--that's how benevolent I am. You should be thankful that I addressed you in the first place.

Good lord.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

As for you, what the hell are you talking about "unprofessional" and "shameful?" You need to grow up, too. You've been rubbing people wrong from your first post. Perhaps we "gang up on you" because you deserve it. Oh, and to stay consistent for ghost, you're an idiot, too.