Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelution
Water Boy
Water Boy

According to clarion Ledger:

Brandon Bolden, AJ Hawkins, two other suspended for Saturday
According to Clarion Ledger:

OXFORD — Ole Miss has suspended four players for Saturday’s game against No. 2 Alabama.

Running back Brandon Bolden, left guard Alex Washington, center AJ Hawkins and wide receiver Philander Moore will all serve one-game suspensions for a violation of team rules, coach Houston Nutt said Thursday.

Nutt declined to comment further on what rules were violated.

Bolden is Ole Miss’ leading active rusher, though he has been in a limited role this season because of injury. Hawkins has started every game this season at center, and Washington started at left guard against Fresno State.

Moore is a reserve wide receiver with two receptions this season.

Bolden and Washington are seniors, while Hawkins is a junior and Moore is a sophomore. Nutt said he was surprised about the violation, which he heard about “really yesterday afternoon.”

Evan Swindall will start at center, backed up freshman Chase Hughes. Patrick Junen will be at left guard, followed by Aaron Morris.

Behind Jeff Scott at running back will be Enrique Davis and Devin Thomas.
Fireman17
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Reminds me of watching The Water Boy we suck again!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Nice, guess we really can get worse. :roll:
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

They must have really screwed up! Nutt basically said if he had it to do over, he would have only suspended Mackey 2 Quarters after his arrest for hitting a police officer.

Can we just forfeit?
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Is this a case of players "not doing what they are supposed to do" or a coach who has lost control of his team?
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Now is our chance! Bet everything you have on Bama to cover the 25 points before the line goes to 42 pts.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebangel wrote:Is this a case of players "not doing what they are supposed to do" or a coach who has lost control of his team?
They way I read that quote from Nutt, "I really only heard about it yesterday afternoon" sounds like Nutt didn't do anything. Sounds like Boone getting involved once again with regard to discipline. I'm not sure we can expect Nutt to have control of his team if Boone won't GIVE HIM control.
L. S. WHO?
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Brandon Bolden tweeted 10 minutes ago:
Ain't even what y'all think it is
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:
rebangel wrote:Is this a case of players "not doing what they are supposed to do" or a coach who has lost control of his team?
They way I read that quote from Nutt, "I really only heard about it yesterday afternoon" sounds like Nutt didn't do anything. Sounds like Boone getting involved once again with regard to discipline. I'm not sure we can expect Nutt to have control of his team if Boone won't GIVE HIM control.
I'm betting they posted a "Pete Boone Sux" sign on the door to the Lyceum.
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If Boone can get Nutt to resign....he does not have to pay the $6 million.......who knows what he is trying to do!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebangel wrote:If Boone can get Nutt to resign....he does not have to pay the $6 million.......who knows what he is trying to do!
Who cares! Boone has to go in order for possitive change. Who's working on that plan?
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

This is terrible news.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Washington and Hawkins is the bigger blow. Bolden hasn't played that much, the big thing there is he's supposed to be a team leader.

This is icing on the cake so far for the season.
Some Random Dude
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

lewindha wrote:Washington and Hawkins is the bigger blow. Bolden hasn't played that much, the big thing there is he's supposed to be a team leader.

It just seems like this is a recurring theme now days.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BovinaREB wrote:
lewindha wrote:Washington and Hawkins is the bigger blow. Bolden hasn't played that much, the big thing there is he's supposed to be a team leader.

It just seems like this is a recurring theme now days.
Yes! If we haven't figured it out by now, it's about time. Sounds like our team has as much respect for this staff as fans and alumni.

Time to fix the freaking problem!