Jones changes UM's tailgating regulations

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Let's be clear, this is not to save a few penny's! Even though there has never been an injury, it's to improve safety.

What's different? Well, If you bring a TV to your tailgating party, bring your own "quiet" generator too. No more mooching off the University's electricity.

http://zing.olemiss.edu/ole-miss-outlin ... gulations/
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

proud2breb wrote:Let's be clear, this is not to save a few penny's! Even though there has never been an injury, it's to improve safety.

What's different? Well, If you bring a TV to your tailgating party, bring your own "quiet" generator too. No more mooching off the University's electricity.

http://zing.olemiss.edu/ole-miss-outlin ... gulations/
This was announced a few weeks ago and to me its a non-issue. Plus, every other school I have tailgated at with on-campus stadium (Bama, Auburn, LSU, Arkie for example), everyone brought there own electricity. Mountain out of a molehill, my man.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Got no problem with this. You want the fancy stuff....pay for your own power.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

We set up near the Union which is technically just outside the Grove and we have been doing this all along. A small Honda generator does the trick powering the TV, etc. Prior to the generator we used a couple of marine batteries with and inverter. I agree with both posts above. Definitely a non-issue and if you want to have things that require electricity, bring your own power.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

if you've been getting free power until now you had to know the dream was going to end at some point.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

Good timing on keeping the fans happy with the current administration.

Maybe the fans do need more power over the current situation.... Zing!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What can I say.... For years my crew has got by with an extension chord, dish, & tv. Don't have a "quiet" generator... At least not by my standards. I'm sure it exceeds the decibel range they're talking about.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Maybe he's saving to buy out Nutt and getting a better AD.... 8)
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:Maybe he's saving to buy out Nutt and getting a better AD.... 8)
In that case, i'll gladly buy my own generator!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

proud2breb wrote:
WildRebel wrote:Maybe he's saving to buy out Nutt and getting a better AD.... 8)
In that case, i'll gladly buy my own generator!
Of course! Remember to always look at the bright side. :idea: :P
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

I would think hundreds of gasoline field engines would be more dangerous than any plug?

Also isn't the greenies upset with this bc aren't we all supposed to be driving around in electric golf carts by now? EPA is going to shut down the grove in a year bc of the emissions on game day will be too high... If they can make hay dust a pollutant they can make the grove cease to exist.

I personally think it is a poor decision and I would take the shock and the trip hazard over having a few hundred potential bombs in the grove. Isn't that why propane and propane accessories are banned?
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

StrongRebel wrote:I would think hundreds of gasoline field engines would be more dangerous than any plug?

Also isn't the greenies upset with this bc aren't we all supposed to be driving around in electric golf carts by now? EPA is going to shut down the grove in a year bc of the emissions on game day will be too high... If they can make hay dust a pollutant they can make the grove cease to exist.

I personally think it is a poor decision and I would take the shock and the trip hazard over having a few hundred potential bombs in the grove. Isn't that why propane and propane accessories are banned?
Thanks! I was beginning to feel like I was stupid for having a problem with it. Seems like senseless penny pinching to me.
------------------

proud2breb wrote:
StrongRebel wrote:I would think hundreds of gasoline field engines would be more dangerous than any plug?

Thanks! I was beginning to feel like I was stupid for having a problem with it. Seems like senseless penny pinching to me.
Are you aware of the fact that ALL education in the state of Mississippi has taken a sizable financial hit because of the economy and that ALL levels of education have had to tighten their belts? Those "pennies" you so carelessly refer to add up to DOLLARS, and in this economy every dollar makes a difference.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:
proud2breb wrote:

Are you aware of the fact that ALL education in the state of Mississippi has taken a sizable financial hit because of the economy and that ALL levels of education have had to tighten their belts? Those "pennies" you so carelessly refer to add up to DOLLARS, and in this economy every dollar makes a difference.
I don't see what the big deal is. At the rate Jones is going, there won't be any tailgaters left to mooch off the universities electricity anyway.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bottom line is a child was electrocuted at BYU game. Not killed, but shocked.