Open letter to Pete Boone and Houston Nutt

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Gentlemen,

Ole Miss has a winning standard whether or not the two of you have made any significant contributions to allowing the team to live up to it. Pete, you've been a slouch for the past 7 years at the very least, especially when you let more than two FCS teams on the schedule. Houston, you either want more money or you've managed to lose your magic. Some of us have a feeling all of this is on Pete and not your fault, but considering you're having the worst years of your coaching tenure since Murray State, this is inexcusable. Dismissing the best offensive player on the team is nothing short of scuttling the offense of whatever talent was left for the next coach to inherit nothing. Throwing for 4 on 3rd and 7 is unacceptable. You have lost the ability to trick the opposing teams outside of the conference, and your "Wild Rebel" is as dead as the defensive line.

We, the fanbase, regardless of groups taking out newspaper ads or making these issues about songs and mascots, are united in one thing. Both of you have got to go. In Imperial Japan there was a sense of dignity when people in leadership positions reached failure; it was called seppuku. Nobody is asking you to kill yourselves, but please gentlemen, for the sake of our fanbase and the potential for this school to win any games in the next 4 years, submit your resignations tomorrow morning or by after the Arkansas loss at the latest.

Sincerely,

Everyone who has ever called themselves a Rebel; as a student, fan, or player.
We Are Ole Miss
Joe
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

My name is Joe. And I fully endorse this message.

My question is this. Does an upset win against Arkansas, excuse previous transgressions, effectively cementing this coaching staff, and Boone, in place for at least another full season?

I believe Nutt's last game with Arkansas was an upset win against highly ranked LSU, the eventual national champion. Arkansas didn't bite. He was still gone.

Do we, as a fanbase, have the same resolve to dump this staff, even with what would be a huge upset win on Saturday?
hbsurvey23
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Joe wrote:My name is Joe. And I fully endorse this message.

My question is this. Does an upset win against Arkansas, excuse previous transgressions, effectively cementing this coaching staff, and Boone, in place for at least another full season?

I believe Nutt's last game with Arkansas was an upset win against highly ranked LSU, the eventual national champion. Arkansas didn't bite. He was still gone.

Do we, as a fanbase, have the same resolve to dump this staff, even with what would be a huge upset win on Saturday?
At this point I almost have enough resolve to pull for every opponent from hear on out just to make sure the deed is done. However, almost only counts with horse shoes and hand grenades and I won't betray our players like that. To answer your question, beating the pigs would not make me forget Jacksonville State, Vandy, or being thumped by 6 touchdowns at home.
Burrrrrrrr.... There's a cold front moving through Oxford.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

whether for good or for bad, every coach should be judged based on his entire work at the school and not on one game or a very small subset of games. There are too many variabilities to allow a sound judgement based on one game, however a consistent pattern over a reasonable sampling of performances tells the true story.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

mpzreb17 wrote: seppuku..
Very nice!! Especially for Pete. Show some honor and resign!!!
Rule #1.......Don't panik
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

^--Thanks.
Joe wrote:My name is Joe. And I fully endorse this message.

"Oh wow we beat Arkansas!" "Dude, we lost by 6 scores at home last week; defense couldn't stop a nosebleed."

Assume I'm your friend that starts the sentence with Dude after you've informed me of the win. How do you still feel?
JustBlues wrote:whether for good or for bad, every coach should be judged based on his entire work at the school and not on one game or a very small subset of games. There are too many variabilities to allow a sound judgement based on one game, however a consistent pattern over a reasonable sampling of performances tells the true story.
Unfortunately 9 lost SEC games as a subset equals 1 lost season plus 1.
We Are Ole Miss
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I too endorse this letter. They should both resign. I mean how can they still even ask for a check after such a job performance
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

i cosign the open letter and propose the immediate removal of coach Nutt and pete Boone. we aren't gonna beat anyone this year except Maybe kentucky. beating kentucky every year is not anything special and right now beating us doesn't mean anything to anyone except arkansas and moo u
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

kjreb wrote:i cosign the open letter and propose the immediate removal of coach Nutt and pete Boone. we aren't gonna beat anyone this year except Maybe kentucky. beating kentucky every year is not anything special and right now beating us doesn't mean anything to anyone except arkansas and moo u

if we beat Kentucky he is going to gloat and pour over an SEC win, talk about what an incredible team Kentucky is, how we just beat the best team in the East. Oh the BS will be endless if he get's an SEC win. Book it.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

agreed. man im sick of all of his drivel. gotta buckle up both chinstraps and all that junk. all we want is to string together a few w's. i think arkansas is gonna run all over us. how the heck can we not stop the run? play action will give up 60 yard pass plays ect. its gonna be ugly. i know we have good players. it seems to me that after we lost kent austin the offense has sputtered. and after Nutt and nix got those big $$$$$$'s they got lazy. nix should have went to florida and Nutt shoulda went to colorado. we wouldn't be a top 10 team yet but we could manage more than 2 measley wins. *sigh* oh well waom
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

he won two d@mn Cotton Bowls what the hell else do you want from him???
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

first time in fitty years lol
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

A10Rebel wrote:he won two d@mn Cotton Bowls what the hell else do you want from him???
Orgeron's players played in those games. Nutt's players have only managed to win 6 of the last 16. I want someone who can coach.
We Are Ole Miss
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

mpzreb17 wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:he won two d@mn Cotton Bowls what the hell else do you want from him???
Orgeron's players played in those games. Nutt's players have only managed to win 6 of the last 16. I want someone who can coach.

dude...it's sarcasm; come on man!
-Wayne Dyer
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

My bad, I had just woken up.
We Are Ole Miss