During Halftime

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Joe
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Arkansas fans acted as if they were 20 points up, instead of 10 down. Laughing and joking around while in line at the concessions. Having fun, actually. Said they were looking forward to getting the ball in to open the 2nd half.

Although disappointed about the first half, not a single Arkie fan sitting around me appreared overyly concerned, even when down 17. They were mad at their defense, sure. But not a single one ever thought they were going to lose that game.

Rebel fans, on the other hand, were walking around as if they were tip-toeing on thin ice, just waiting to fall through. We seemed to be almost afraid to be excited, happy, or even cheer too loudly.

Just thought it was an interesting contrast.

I'd love to get that kind of swagger back.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Because we know better...Arkansas isn't #9 in the country because they're a lousy team. The difference is they made adjustments at half time; which in my opinion is the mark of a successful program, and we dropped passes and fell apart in the third. Well us falling apart in the third is the mark of this program this year and last.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
Joe
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

A10Rebel wrote:Because we know better...Arkansas isn't #9 in the country because they're a lousy team. The difference is they made adjustments at half time; which in my opinion is the mark of a successful program, and we dropped passes and fell apart in the third. Well us falling apart in the third is the mark of this program this year and last.
I agree. I can just picture the contrast in locker rooms at the half.

Nutt and Nix running around cheerleading and rah-rah'ing, while each unit of the hog's team were quietly holding class and actually being coached.

That difference in the 3rd was pretty evident.