Hudspeth and flight tracker per Hugh

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OXFORD – Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Mark Hudspeth denied he or his agent had scheduled an interview with Ole Miss, according to the Lafayette Advertiser.

But he did suggest he could be in contact today with the search committee, co-chaired by Archie Manning and Mike Glenn.

“I guess maybe they’re gonna call (today),’’ he said after Saturday’s regular season-ending loss to Arizona. “But, at this time, I have not talked to anybody. To anybody. I have not talked to a soul.

“The thing is, I guess, since our regular season’s over … now’s the time that they, probably, start contacting people.’’

There have been reports last week and today that suggested interviews, including one with Hudspeth, could happen as soon as today. Manning denied that on Friday.

Of note in the plane-tracker field: a plane (believed to be a university loaner) left Oxford around lunchtime, bound for New Orleans. It has no further scheduled activity as of 2:45 p.m.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/ ... all-today/
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

MageeRebel425 wrote:OXFORD – Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Mark Hudspeth denied he or his agent had scheduled an interview with Ole Miss, according to the Lafayette Advertiser.

But he did suggest he could be in contact today with the search committee, co-chaired by Archie Manning and Mike Glenn.

“I guess maybe they’re gonna call (today),’’ he said after Saturday’s regular season-ending loss to Arizona. “But, at this time, I have not talked to anybody. To anybody. I have not talked to a soul.

“The thing is, I guess, since our regular season’s over … now’s the time that they, probably, start contacting people.’’

There have been reports last week and today that suggested interviews, including one with Hudspeth, could happen as soon as today. Manning denied that on Friday.

Of note in the plane-tracker field: a plane (believed to be a university loaner) left Oxford around lunchtime, bound for New Orleans. It has no further scheduled activity as of 2:45 p.m.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/ ... all-today/
Archie is probably going to watch Eli play MNF.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

why are we interviewing CUSA coaches for an SEC position? And why does it seem there's a good number here supporting this? Just curious....
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A10Rebel wrote:why are we interviewing CUSA coaches for an SEC position? And why does it seem there's a good number here supporting this? Just curious....
mostly internet chatter and I'm with you. if we cant do better then these dudes then might as well throw us out with last Friday's dead fish
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A10Rebel wrote:why are we interviewing CUSA coaches for an SEC position? And why does it seem there's a good number here supporting this? Just curious....
Because right now...........no one wants our job.
joe_t25
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hudspeth doesnt coach in CUSA, but Sumlin does and he would be a huge upgrade from Nutt.
Pain Dont HURT!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hell if this is true I wish we were interviewing CUSA coaches. Hudspeth coaches in the Sunbelt for less than a year and he even lost to freeze's team.

If we are down to this level because others (I.e. sumlin and smart) aren't interested then we need to go on our knees begging to Leach.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:

Fact. And why don't one of you take the current top 25 teams and see how many of the current HC's were hired away from BCS schools, how many came from Non BCS, coordinators, retreads, etc. then look at how the proven retreads, UCLA, TTech, etc fared this year. The read your morning paper and see who all is beating on our doors to leave Houston, Miami, Any of the top 40 teams. Your expectations are a little delusional. The fact is, we will have to gamble. The other fact is, no one has a clue who we have on our list other than the obvious and necessary Plan B coaches. Those who disagree, please give us your fail proof plan to get the hire of the century. Name him, his price, guarantee us he will come, and prove he's not been offered/contacted/placed on the list.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

ThunderReb wrote:
I don't believe that.

If we *beep* this one up however that will be the final nail in the coffin for us.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

also: can they gear it up and compete in the West? I say without a doubt the answer is NO.

This is stupid; you're speculating that we're being turned down by better coaches but you don't know so in the mean time let's settle for what CUSA has to offer. Well that's a fantastic approach to hiring a coach, let's take the gamble...again.
-Wayne Dyer
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebelliousb wrote:
ThunderReb wrote:

Fact. And why don't one of you take the current top 25 teams and see how many of the current HC's were hired away from BCS schools, how many came from Non BCS, coordinators, retreads, etc. then look at how the proven retreads, UCLA, TTech, etc fared this year. The read your morning paper and see who all is beating on our doors to leave Houston, Miami, Any of the top 40 teams. Your expectations are a little delusional. The fact is, we will have to gamble. The other fact is, no one has a clue who we have on our list other than the obvious and necessary Plan B coaches. Those who disagree, please give us your fail proof plan to get the hire of the century. Name him, his price, guarantee us he will come, and prove he's not been offered/contacted/placed on the list.

"The fact is, we will have to gamble."

jest like back in '47 we took a shot on one, unproven, never head-coached, some of us reminder that coach. and how he turned out, but those who do not,
Johnny Vaught.
one of Flop's sons
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This isn't 1947.....its a whole new world
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

I think he won a game or two... Looks to me everyone thinks ole miss is the Mecca of the sec when it is actually just a Mississippi college town. Unless you have family ties, alum, or Archie caught you with someones wife your not likely to want to come here. Only reason others would want to come here other than previously listed is $$$ or the random chance that some old proven NFL or college legend lives near by and feels bad for us and wants
One last challenge.

We should probably do what south Carolina did and get something of great value (masters membership) and offer it to a big name coach. Any ideas?
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

AtlantaRebels wrote:I think he won a game or two... Looks to me everyone thinks ole miss is the Mecca of the sec when it is actually just a Mississippi college town. Unless you have family ties, alum, or Archie caught you with someones wife your not likely to want to come here. Only reason others would want to come here other than previously listed is $$$ or the random chance that some old proven NFL or college legend lives near by and feels bad for us and wants
One last challenge.

We should probably do what south Carolina did and get something of great value (masters membership) and offer it to a big name coach. Any ideas?
I think that might be overstating it a bit....I mean Ole Miss and Oxford are beautiful and offer much to families. Even MSU got an OC from a big time program. Have you ever been to Starkville? 8O
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
AtlantaRebels wrote:I think he won a game or two... Looks to me everyone thinks ole miss is the Mecca of the sec when it is actually just a Mississippi college town. Unless you have family ties, alum, or Archie caught you with someones wife your not likely to want to come here. Only reason others would want to come here other than previously listed is $$$ or the random chance that some old proven NFL or college legend lives near by and feels bad for us and wants
One last challenge.

I think that might be overstating it a bit....I mean Ole Miss and Oxford are beautiful and offer much to families. Even MSU got an OC from a big time program. Have you ever been to Starkville? 8O

So you'd be happy with a BIG time OC as long as he beats 1 SEC W team each year? Do you think MSU hit a d*** home run with their HUGE splash? Thats what matters? Where he comes from? Might as well see where he is on Rebel Bear, too. important stuff