Ok - Name the coach you wanted.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok - put up or shut up. Let's see who you wanted, and we'll find out if they were interested in the job.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RushB wrote:Ok - put up or shut up. Let's see who you wanted, and we'll find out if they were interested in the job.

Later,
RushB
I wanted Sumlin. I know he wasn't interested. I would've taken anyone else mentioned other than Hudspeth(sp?) and Freeze. I didn't want Leach, but I take it back now.
Some Random Dude
pilotreb
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I wanted Hud bad but will happily take Freeze

Absolutely did not want LEACH, Fedora, or Sumlin

No real Opinion on others

For the record Nutt was on my absolute do not want list in last go around
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

pilotreb wrote:I wanted Hud bad but will happily take Freeze

Absolutely did not want LEACH, Fedora, or Sumlin

No real Opinion on others

I didn't think anyone had enough time to make any kind of list the last go-round.
Some Random Dude
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

pilotreb wrote:
Absolutely agree!!!

1. Rich Rod
2. Tommy T
3. Leach

I am not unhappy w/ Freeze & wish him the best.

My Red & Blue glasses have been off & I saw this as an impossible position to fill.

Toughest job opening out there.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
joe_t25
Scout Team
Scout Team

Im ok with the Freeze hire, didnt really want Smart but would of been ok I guess. Sumlin, Fedora would of been ok and Mike leach. Butch Davis was my wish, aside the Agents thing he had nothing to do with he can recruit at a high level and turn programs around. Dont think Hud would have been very good, I wasnt sold on him at all. I definitely did not want Rich Rod or Philip Fulmer. Freeze is goona be good, we will be in the Top 25 in the next 3 years, mark it down.
Pain Dont HURT!
pilotreb
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

lewindha wrote:I didn't think anyone had enough time to make any kind of list the last go-round.

Yeah actually Davis, OLeary, et al were bandied about
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rickochet2 wrote:
pilotreb wrote:
Absolutely agree!!!

1. Rich Rod
2. Tommy T
3. Leach

My Red & Blue glasses have been off & I saw this as an impossible position to fill.

Tough to fill yes, but I truly believe that all three of your choices probably would have taken it if offered.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rickochet2 wrote:
pilotreb wrote:
Absolutely agree!!!

1. Rich Rod
2. Tommy T
3. Leach

Tough to fill yes, but I truly believe that all three of your choices probably would have taken it if offered.
Of this I have very little doubt.

Only question that I have for this entire process is why weren't any of these 3 given serious consideration.

I have heard that RR got an interview, but maybe didn't do it for the committee.

TT has done it HERE before & at least as difficult a situation, put HUGE buyout so that he could only afford a pine box if he died somewhere else.

Leach may have been a reach, but w/ requirements for a legitimate DC he could have worked IMO.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

In this atmosphere it really doesn't matter. No one will be successful with the dealings this administration has set forth. You would have to be the second coming and then it would be a tough putt. Until the top is replaced and the GOB network is replaced, this school will never see a NC regardless of whom they bring in. Saban wouldn't even come for 10 million knowing what the inner circle of coaches knows today.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:In this atmosphere it really doesn't matter. No one will be successful with the dealings this administration has set forth. You would have to be the second coming and then it would be a tough putt. Until the top is replaced and the GOB network is replaced, this school will never see a NC regardless of whom they bring in. Saban wouldn't even come for 10 million knowing what the inner circle of coaches knows today.
Good point....kind of makes me view this differently.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:In this atmosphere it really doesn't matter. No one will be successful with the dealings this administration has set forth. You would have to be the second coming and then it would be a tough putt. Until the top is replaced and the GOB network is replaced, this school will never see a NC regardless of whom they bring in. Saban wouldn't even come for 10 million knowing what the inner circle of coaches knows today.
If this is the case then way continue to humiliate ourselves and our University? GOB have very well defined egos and don't handle being ridiculed very well, so I have to disagree on this point. Now if you would care to be more specific......? LR
olemissrebels236
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Mike Leach was my number one all along......he had a resume and results. All he would have needed was a legit DC and he would have been cheaper than Nutt Sac. Oh well....welcome to town Hugh!
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

From what I read & hear we have just hired the next coming of Leach with some Tebow
sprinkled in. Not a bad hire, lets give him a chance. See you at the Vaught next season.
Hotty Toddy
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I wanted a search committee to beat the Bushes. There was no single coach I wanted. (Well, I do love Jeff Tedford, but I think he's comfortable.) I have a hard time believing that a true long hard look was given to the entire situation.

The more I read and watch the more Im OK with the hire. But just ok.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan