East-West All Star Game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GS1953
Scout Team
Scout Team

Does it come as a surpirse to anyone that with 2:00 minutes left to go in the game on 4th and less than 1 Bradley Sowell false starts forcing the East to have to punt. The West then drives for the winning touchdown.....Some things never change.....
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GS1953 wrote:Does it come as a surpirse to anyone that with 2:00 minutes left to go in the game on 4th and less than 1 Bradley Sowell false starts forcing the East to have to punt. The West then drives for the winning touchdown.....Some things never change.....
when the flag dropped I knew it was Sowell. felt kinds sorry for him though
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

bleuwolfe wrote:
GS1953 wrote:Does it come as a surpirse to anyone that with 2:00 minutes left to go in the game on 4th and less than 1 Bradley Sowell false starts forcing the East to have to punt. The West then drives for the winning touchdown.....Some things never change.....
when the flag dropped I knew it was Sowell. felt kinds sorry for him though

I am glad his ass is gone!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What gets me about this kid is this:
All week he's been preparing for what is his biggest football week of his life......an opportunity to turn some heads and earn a paycheck. But all he's done on FB is talk about how he was ready to get home to his wife and daughter. NEWSFLASH: Bradley, i love my family too, but they would understand that i was trying to better their lives by focusing on football in an attempt to play in the NFL.......just sayin.

He did this all year during the season. Glad he's gone.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

ThunderReb wrote:What gets me about this kid is this:
All week he's been preparing for what is his biggest football week of his life......an opportunity to turn some heads and earn a paycheck. But all he's done on FB is talk about how he was ready to get home to his wife and daughter. NEWSFLASH: Bradley, i love my family too, but they would understand that i was trying to better their lives by focusing on football in an attempt to play in the NFL.......just sayin.

He did this all year during the season. Glad he's gone.
Well, I know some of his family members. And he isn't planning on going to the NFL anyway. He already has a job lined up working for a large oil company.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

with the right coaching, I believe that Sowell's stance, and thus his false start problem and some of his other problems, could have been corrected and he would have been a very serviceable tackle for us. I'm not saying that he has pro bowl potential, but I do believe he could have added more value than he did with just a little coaching. I also believe that putting someone as tall as Matt Hall at guard was a huge mistake that I can't believe wasn't corrected as the year went on. If Hall earned a starting spot, he should have been put at tackle and Massie moved in to guard. Those are my opinions for what it’s worth. While not the only problem with the line, the biggest problem with the line was coaching.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

The biggest problem with the entire football team was coaching.
Using the same argument, Snead would probably been a first rounder had he been coached properly. Perhaps it's true of Sowell as well. Bolden. Davis. I honestly believe all of our guys could have become more than they were with good coaching. And I hate it for them, because we didn't afford them the opportunity to succeed.
Therefore, you know who I'm glad is gone? Houston, we have a problem...