Bianco Ball Is Back

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Let's see now. Bianco puts an individual achievement over winning a one-run game which would also take the series for us today. Lets Mayers stay in too long and doesn't even think of letting Huber save the game. Result: we lose a series to Auburn that consisted of two games we literally gave away. It all goes back to the leadership and decisions of the head coach. Twelve years of Bianco's anal management style is enough. It will be tough to recover from this weekend. Bianco needs to go. Promote Godwin or go after McDonnell. Bianco Ball Is Back. Turned off yet?
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I was perplexed yesterday when he put a freshman pitcher in....way too much pressure on a young guy.....we were in the game until he gave up a grand slam!
Goroth

Outside of playing in the CWS. I see no reason to complain at all about Bianco. If you want to complain when he doesn't progress in post season. Let me know. For now I have no reason to read anything negative one series into SEC play.

Let me know when you are complaining about football being in the top 15.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We did not even make Hoover last year. His eleventh year. That game was lost this afternoon because of a moronic decision on his part. Period. Bianco always underachieves. Every team in the SEC except Kentucky has been to the CWS since Bianco came here. We didn't build that stadium (one of the top three in the country) not to host regionals every year, much less not even go to post-season. If we don't at least host a regional this year, Bianco should be unceremoniously fired. McDonnell took Louisville to the CWS for the first time ever shortly after he was hired away. Louisville had never had anything in baseball. McDonnell's coaching and leadership was the force beyond what success Bianco did have. Way past time for Bianco to move on. And what's going on with the baseball program has nothing to do with what will happen with the football program. Nutt didn't produce. Didn't even show up. Bianco has been mediocre at best the past several seasons. Ole Miss deserves better. The fan base deserves better. That stadium deserves better. And I have every right to complain about the results when I'm contributing money to the program.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just to be clear ....in 11 years this coach has taken us to 9 regionals 3 super regionals an SEC regular season championship an SEC tournament championship...and all of this in the toughest baseball conference in the country. You might want to count the number of times we did that in the 100+ years before he got here before you call for his head.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Mayers was practically unhittable the entire game. The only thing I would have done different was pull him after the first double. If Huber would have pitched the entire 9th and lost the game then Bianco would be getting heat for that. I say we better hang on to the only good coach (jury still out on Freeze) that we have in a major sport.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
Goroth

Oh no... I didn't realize you contributed to the University. If I had but realized before hand.

I am amazed, as well, that a fine SEC caliber coach. Could win heavily in the power house Big East. Shocks the life out of me I tell you. It is almost like SEC baseball isn't the best around. The Big East has to be the 10th best conference around.

Not much reason for me to even talk baseball with you. Ever since Bianco came to Ole Miss. Talk of greatness started to come out. As far as I have seen it,even when McDonnell left on 2006. He has brought Ole Miss baseball to life. Has he been to the major college event, no. But he has made baseball more exciting at Ole Miss than it was for decades before him. I wish he could get over the hump. But unlike everything else Ole Miss right now. Baseball is more than worth watching.

Hopefully if you get your desired wish. Ole Miss doesn't regress to former cellar status.

So obviously I am still on the side of Ole Miss baseball.
wmblanks
Water Boy
Water Boy

cacreb2000 wrote:Mayers was practically unhittable the entire game. The only thing I would have done different was pull him after the first double. If Huber would have pitched the entire 9th and lost the game then Bianco would be getting heat for that. I say we better hang on to the only good coach (jury still out on Freeze) that we have in a major sport.

Exactly.you let the kid try to finish it... But why do we pay huber the big bucks
Moose
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:Oh no... I didn't realize you contributed to the University. If I had but realized before hand.

I am amazed, as well, that a fine SEC caliber coach. Could win heavily in the power house Big East. Shocks the life out of me I tell you. It is almost like SEC baseball isn't the best around. The Big East has to be the 10th best conference around.

Not much reason for me to even talk baseball with you. Ever since Bianco came to Ole Miss. Talk of greatness started to come out. As far as I have seen it,even when McDonnell left on 2006. He has brought Ole Miss baseball to life. Has he been to the major college event, no. But he has made baseball more exciting at Ole Miss than it was for decades before him. I wish he could get over the hump. But unlike everything else Ole Miss right now. Baseball is more than worth watching.

Hopefully if you get your desired wish. Ole Miss doesn't regress to former cellar status.

So obviously I am still on the side of Ole Miss baseball.
After Dan left, our talent level started going down. Only after Lafferty came on board did our talent level start to rise. And with Godwin as an assistant, we're finally learning some small aspects of the game. Bianco micro manages to the extreme. I doubt we ever get to Omaha with him. He's too stubborn. Notice we never have guarded the corners ever late in the game? Why would you play a catcher that has no arm against the league leading base stealing team? Why play a SS that has proven to make crucial errors in critical situations and has a very weak arm for that position? Mike has raised Ole Miss baseball to high expectations, and I think he's taken us as far as he can. Wish we could get Dan back. And Godwin may be a HC in waiting. Hope Bianco proves me wrong this year and we finally get back to Omaha. But the past weekend was a bummer. Now we go to bama, a team that's 0-3, and u know they're gonna try and put their best foot forward. GO REBS.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

When Mayers came out for the 9th I told the person beside me it was a bad decision. I've seen Bianco stick with his starters too long for years now and it always seems to bite him. Mayers went deep in a couple counts during the 8th and with his experience level, there's no reason to trot him out there for the 9th and put the pressure of a CG win on him. The 9th inning is a completely different beast. There's a reason not everyone can be a closer
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I know it's disappointing to lose this series. Especially with how tough the conference is.

But, I think Bianco has earned a little leeway. Especially this early in the season. We were no where before he got here. We had a bad season last year, but he also restocked and next year's class looks ridiculous(if we can keep most of them). Right now they are inconsistent. Hopefully we can get back on track mid-week and be strong this weekend.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So Bianco has coached 11 seasons, this being his 12th. We've been to the post-season 9 times and to the Supers 4 times. But we want to fire Bianco now, and keep AK. My head is exploding over this.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:Image

It is rare that I lol, but I lol'd...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:So Bianco has coached 11 seasons, this being his 12th. We've been to the post-season 9 times and to the Supers 4 times. But we want to fire Bianco now, and keep AK. My head is exploding over this.
Where in my post did I say fire Mike? Again, LEARN TO READ. The reason we went to the supers was because of Dan, make no mistake about that. And this great class we have coming in now is because of Lafferty. Mike micro manages too much, that's no secert. We have both more tradition, and more backing of the administration for baseball than basketball, so MB and AK should be judged differently. We should win faster in baseball than basketball.
Last edited by rebeljim on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food