Kentucky game 3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

mascott
3rd String
3rd String

In 6th, Kentucky goes up 6-2, as usual Bianco leaves pitcher in a little too long. We were blowing them away before that.
scott
wmblanks
Water Boy
Water Boy

I can't stand Mike, we will never go as far as we could with another top end coach. He did a great job getting us out of mess we had for a program. I applaud that but this is same M.O. every year bad decisions out of dugout are killing us and have the last 5 years
Moose
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

It seems like oxpatch was right when he said that this season we would see flashes of brilliance mixed with really bad moments because of their youth. We are 6-6 in the league right now........not a great start. We really need to sweep UGA this upcoming weekend to gain some separation from some of the lower teams. We have already lost series to auburn and Uk, both of which we should have won and lsu is now coming on strong. Theres a good chance we won't make it to hoover for the 2nd straight year if we don't get it together and start winning these games that we seemingly throw away for no apparent reason.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

We will not miss Hoover. That's just freaking out. Yes, we have lost 3 games that we shouldn't have. But that's baseball. Losing 2 of 3 to the number 1 or 2 team in the nation at their place is nothing to lose sleep over....especially considering we had every chance of winning that series. We were the better team, but didn't execute when we needed to. They did and that's why they are number 1. I think most of us thought we would get dominated by KY's left handed pitcher because lets face it, we haven't touched a lefty all year. We proved that we can produce against them. Believe it or not, but we are getting much stronger as a team. Guys like Allen, Mistone, Anderson/Newalu, Overbey, and Snyder are all starting to catch fire. RJ and Mayers pitched extremely well against the hottest lineup in the nation. Bianco flew the coop again today not pulling RJ. But really, things just didnt go our way when we needed them to and KY seemed to get them all. We will be hosting if we continue to play at this level.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Yeah but the problem is even though were playing well against every sec team we play we are still 6-6! Style points won't get us anywhere when it comes to postseason. Granted, take away the 3 losses we have the past two weeks against uk and uf and we are 6-3. But take away the wins we have against them and we are only 3-3. Its not out of the question to say that we need to sweep UGA this weekend and thats going to be difficult. I just don't think this team has the pitching depth that it takes to make a deep post season run. IF a team makes it past our starters, we usually lose the game.
Heath
All American
All American

mascott wrote:In 6th, Kentucky goes up 6-2, as usual Bianco leaves pitcher in a little too long. We were blowing them away before that.
scott
I agree he left Hively in there too long. KY is the best hitting team in the SEC (or they were) so you have to think they are going to catch fire at some point. Hively let one run score, then let the bases become loaded, then gave up a bomb. Bianco should have pulled him before thebases were loaded. And, there were no outs, if I remember correctly. But, that is the Bianco we have come to know and love!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:It seems like oxpatch was right when he said that this season we would see flashes of brilliance mixed with really bad moments because of their youth.
My problem with this loss is that fact that it's not on our youth or inexperience. It's 100% Bianco's fault. He knew Hively wasn't feeling very well. He didn't pitch Saturday because he was feeling some pain in his tricep. If he thought Hively was okay enough to start Sundays game, he should have told him up front that he was going to have a short leash because this was the rubber game against #1 on the road. The series win is more important than a pitchers confidence in this situation.

As soon as your un-100% pitcher got 2 on base with ZERO outs, you warm someone immediately. It's just *beep* common sense Mike. I feel like punching him in the junk over this one. Our kids lost a game (and some confidence) because he manages the bullpen as an after thought.
L. S. WHO?
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Different year, same story. He's always left his starters in the game too long and always will. And it's has cost us at least 2 CWS appearances.

But this team is still very, very good and getting stronger. Take away the 2 last pitch losses that we suffered against Auburn and Bama. Take away the fluky loss Friday. We are sitting at 9-3. Im expecting a strong finish to the season. Remember, all that matters is getting hot at the right time. MSU and USM are living proof of that.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

I agree, this is a very good team.
scott
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

"I think Ole miss ends up hosting an NCAA Regional"
Kendall Rogers