Nicely done, Mike. Thanks for that.

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

I knew we'd be frustrating to watch. I knew we'd be young. I knew we'd be struggling for pitching.

What I did not know was how ridiculously *beep* pathetic we'd be against *beep* competition. Even this 'young' team should have beaten teams like UGA, Aub, State and midweek pansy teams like USM and Mem. I'm not asking for sweeps in the SEC, Mike. I'm asking for a serviceable product to handle it's business like grown ass men and kick the *beep* out of a few SEC teams like you've got an ounce of *beep* pride left in those big boy britches. Dammit Mike, you're *beep* me the f*** off!!!!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I completely agree. Bianco is a great recruiter but from what I've seen he has absolutely no "fire" in his gut. He just makes mistakes that someone who is headcoach at one of the best programs in the country shouldn't make.
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I continue to be concerned about pitching.... I know we have allot of young guys but, Bianco just seems to make decisions about who to pitch, when to pull a pitcher, having no one warming up in the bullpen...etc...that just boggle my mind.....
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

The bull pen thing is what really irks me. He will wait until the score is 4-0 before he even tells someone to warm up. By contrast, I noticed that during the Florida series the gator coaching staff had people in the bull pen from the very start of the game just in case they needed them.
Heath
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:The bull pen thing is what really irks me. He will wait until the score is 4-0 before he even tells someone to warm up. By contrast, I noticed that during the Florida series the gator coaching staff had people in the bull pen from the very start of the game just in case they needed them.
I've always wondered about that myself. I mean, most teams that I have seen keep a catcher and a few pitchers down in the pen. I have just yet to figure out what advantage that brings to the Ole Miss baseball team. Maybe some of you intelligent guys/ladies can help me out with that. All MLB teams I have seen keep pitchers down in the pen so they can be ready quickly. Just saying.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:I knew we'd be frustrating to watch. I knew we'd be young. I knew we'd be struggling for pitching.

What I did not know was how ridiculously *beep* pathetic we'd be against *beep* competition. Even this 'young' team should have beaten teams like UGA, Aub, State and midweek pansy teams like USM and Mem. I'm not asking for sweeps in the SEC, Mike. I'm asking for a serviceable product to handle it's business like grown ass men and kick the *beep* out of a few SEC teams like you've got an ounce of *beep* pride left in those big boy britches. Dammit Mike, you're *beep* me the f*** off!!!!!!!!!!!
Spot freaking on! I have reached a new level of frustration that I didn't believe existed.
Randy
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I mean c'mon, If I were to tell everyone on this board that we would hold state to two hits yesterday, I bet most of us would assume we stomped them. Two hits, and we still lost.
abcdefg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Bianco's fine...give him time. He'll get us to Omaha.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

If Mike does get us to Omaha it will be because of the sheer talent that he recruits, not his coaching ability. I do believe he will get us there because lets face it, this guy is a heck of a recruiter. But that will be the only reason. At this point I don't care, I just want to order tickets to Omaha.
Heath
All American
All American

abcdefg wrote:Bianco's fine...give him time. He'll get us to Omaha.
McDonnell took Louisville to the World Series in his first year, I believe. So just how long are we supposed to "give" him? Do you realize that he has been at Ole Miss for what, 12 years now?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Is that right? Care to elaborate?
L. S. WHO?
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

abcdefg
Water Boy
Water Boy

oxpatchreb wrote:
Yes. No.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

abcdefg wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:
Yes. No.
Intriguing.
L. S. WHO?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Like I've been saying, we've gone as far as we'll go under Mike. Dan took us to that lofty position we once had. Since he's left, the program has slipped. Like I posted in another thread, we're 25-35 in the last 60 SEC games. That isn't good. And with the facilities and fan base we have, it's unacceptable. We need a change, and until we do, this is the product we're stuck with.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food