regional this weekend

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

wmblanks
Water Boy
Water Boy

I never have minded rolling an rooting for rebs solo... but who is going so we can back each other up. 45 mins is nothing to see rebs play since i left gods country. Btw aggies park is nice however not as nice as swayze anda little small for regional crowd we r used too
Moose
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Not going, but here's the lowdown. OM has one of the Top Five, maybe Top Three facilities in the country. Right up there with LSU, Arkansas and South Carolina. LSU spent a lot of money on the new Alex Box, but it doesn't have all chairbacks like OU does in the grandstand seating. And no grilling areas for the families and students. And think about this--Baton Rouge is now a metro area of 500,000+. Oxford and Lafayette County are about 47,000 if you count the students. Yet both programs can and have regularly attracted 10,000+ to some of their games.

This is not a post about coaching. But the fact is, the NCAA loves to make money, and we have to play ourselves out of a hosting spot from the get-go. We need to be hosting regularly. About 80% of the teams that go to Omaha host regionals to start with.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Okay......but right now we are playing in a regional in college station while many programs including the likes of the Texas longhorns are doing a year end equipment inventory. Perhaps we should focus some positive energy on that!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:Okay......but right now we are playing in a regional in college station while many programs including the likes of the Texas longhorns are doing a year end equipment inventory. Perhaps we should focus some positive energy on that!
Okay, how's this? I'm POSITIVE that over 80% of the teams that get to Omaha host regionals, many of them regularly. And OU Stadium, Swayze Field, is a tremendously-POSITIVE part of Ole Miss athletics!

As for what happens at Texas A & M, I have no control over that. Would be nice to win a regional on the road.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:Okay......but right now we are playing in a regional in college station while many programs including the likes of the Texas longhorns are doing a year end equipment inventory. Perhaps we should focus some positive energy on that!
+1
scott
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Win three in a row. UCLA falls. We host a Super. Win two. Off to Omaha.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

academy reb wrote:Win three in a row. UCLA falls. We host a Super. Win two. Off to Omaha.
Even if the 2 seed wins the UCLA regional? We are a 3 seed.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rivals baseball guy says their number 2, San Diego State, is building a new field. Our bid is a lot bigger. Should come this way IF we win and Bruins lose.

I don't know, don't have any inside info. Just repeating good news IF, IF, IF.

Just win three in a row. Then we'll see what happens and where we go.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Hope it happens!
cajunrebel

I wish I could go but work is getting in the way. I'll check the scores on the computer and hope we win and that I can go on Saturday or Sunday tickets permitting. My son would love this.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

As you might be quoted as saying, "Amen and pass the gravy".
Heath
All American
All American

I'll be there yelling loudly and getting sunburned!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote:I wish I could go but work is getting in the way. I'll check the scores on the computer and hope we win and that I can go on Saturday or Sunday tickets permitting. My son would love this.
I as well, was really planning on driving down for the Saturday game, but it is looking less likely now.

My biggest concern is making the five hour trip without a ticket, hoping that I can get something there. Pretty big role of the dice especially if we are playing A&M.
Randy
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

My #4 child, Billy, graduated from Austin High Today so I was at the Irwin Center on UT's campus....I parked in the parking lot of their baseball park...I could do that today.....because the Longhorns weren't playing in a regional much less hosting one.....so i was in a graduation ceremony for three plus hours! But I had Gametracker on! Great win for us. One down!