From what I experienced....

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Heath
All American
All American

I am liking getting A&M in the SEC, from a baseball perspective. I was there for the Saturday night game and was pleased with the way their crowd gets into baseball. I have been to many college parks, including Texas, and the A&M fans are really into the game and are knowledgeable about what is going on. They have many traditions and cheers which they perform during the games. I thought it was great when we started the Hotty Toddy cheer and the Aggie fans started hitting on the metal stands to drown us out. Now, many people would think that "unclassy", but I think it was basically the Aggies saying, "You are NOT going to come in OUR house and start YOUR cheer, especially while you are beating us!". I think it will add another big baseball school to the SEC and another fun park in which to watch a game.

Also, I thought the Aggie fans were very nice, or all except 2 "old fart" fans that were telling us to sit down during the first Ole Miss vs. TCU game (yeah, A&M was not even playing!). Other than that, I had a great experience in College Station. I think it will be A LOT of fun when we visit A&M for a normal 3-game, SEC series.

Some may disagree with the above comments.