Ole Miss basketball talk part II - forwards ...

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

- 6’9” Anthony Cortesia is the best player signed this year by Kennedy and staff. Playing at national powerhouse Montverde Academy this season, Cortesia onto the national scene and had the likes of Indiana, Georgetown, and Kansas State making late runs for his services. Cortesia committed early in the process and never wavered from his commitment to Ole Miss and his relationship with assistant coach Sergio Rouco, who coached professionally in Cortesia’s native Venezuela. I expect Cortesia to be the starting SF when the season opener comes. He reminds me of Terrance Henry with his length and skill set, but he is much more polished, having played SF throughout his whole career. Henry played PF and had to adapt to SF in his later years at Ole Miss. Cortesia’s obvious strength is his ability on the offensive end as he has the ability to step out and shoot the 3 at 6’9” and he will most certainly not be guarded by . At only 205 pounds you worry about his physical strength as he comes into the SEC out of high school.

- An intriguing signee came late with Jason Carter, a 6’8” PF out of Chipola Junior College in Marianna, Florida. Carter signed with Alabama out of high school and played only one year before transferring to Chipola. I didn’t expect much when he signed, but after I listened to a recent Andy Kennedy radio interview I now expect Carter to play about 10-20 minutes a game. Kennedy said that Carter can step outside and be a pick and pop player extending his range to beyond the three point arc. Obviously the Rebels don’t need Carter to step in and average 10 points a game, but they do need him to provide much needed depth behind Reggie Buckner and Murphy Holloway, who both looked to wear down at the end of some games last year. Carter choose Ole Miss over Long Beach State, Louisiana Tech, and Missouri.

http://djournal.com/pages/insideolemiss ... ce=olemiss
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food