Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cajunrebel

"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Things like this are why I hope this coaching administration succeeds ;)

As a former walk-on who earned his way, I give this 3 thumbs up (and I only have 2!)
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

theghostofcolonelreb wrote:Things like this are why I hope this coaching administration succeeds ;)

As a former walk-on who earned his way, I give this 3 thumbs up (and I only have 2!)
I'm sure this isn't the only coaching staff that does things like this. We've already seen a similar video from Vandy. But, of course, it's always awesome to see things like this.
Some Random Dude
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

lewindha wrote:
theghostofcolonelreb wrote:Things like this are why I hope this coaching administration succeeds ;)

I'm sure this isn't the only coaching staff that does things like this. We've already seen a similar video from Vandy. But, of course, it's always awesome to see things like this.
And when you have as many open schollys as we do it's a no-brainer for a senior, but I'm just sick of all the negative comments about this staff before we've even played a game. I just wish one person could tell me one thing Freeze & Co. have done wrong since getting to Oxford. For crying out loud he makes his kids say thank you to people and blasts K-Love at practices. Their are worse role-models out there not doing things the right way and if any of our fans are so pessimistic that they don't hope this staff succeeds then they're not fans. Gameday is one day away and I'm gonna be their rooting my heart out. I just hope with the state of our fanbase, I'm not alone.
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

your not alone!!
one of Flop's sons
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

theghostofcolonelreb wrote:
lewindha wrote:

And when you have as many open schollys as we do it's a no-brainer for a senior, but I'm just sick of all the negative comments about this staff before we've even played a game. I just wish one person could tell me one thing Freeze & Co. have done wrong since getting to Oxford. For crying out loud he makes his kids say thank you to people and blasts K-Love at practices. Their are worse role-models out there not doing things the right way and if any of our fans are so pessimistic that they don't hope this staff succeeds then they're not fans. Gameday is one day away and I'm gonna be their rooting my heart out. I just hope with the state of our fanbase, I'm not alone.
Slow down. I didn't mean for that comment to be negative.

But, since I'm being called out again....

IMO, I can't tell you anything they've done wrong. I wasn't crazy about the hire. I was very vocal about that. Given everything I know right now, I would probably still feel the same way. B/c we still have not seen him be the HC in one single FBS game. Looking back, I think a lot of my disappointment came b/c of the whole dog and pony show that the search committee was. How much money was wasted on that search committee only to hire Freeze. I expected a Big Fish when they got Archie et al to chair this committee. All I'm saying is we did not need a committee to hire Hugh Freeze. All it took was a phone call. I don't know that I would've been happier with the Freeze hire w/o the committee, but it was a big disappointment that we didn't get a bigger name with Archie's name stamped on the search.

He's done everything right, I like him a lot, but it remains to be seen if he'll be successful. It just 'grinds my gears' when I hear, "I know Freeze will win a championship at Ole Miss." No you don't. Or, "I know he'll be successful". No you don't.

And if Freeze giving a Senior walk-on a scholarship on a video posted to the internet is enough to make you fall in love with him, then I wish I had your expectations of what our head coach and staff should be. You think Nutt never gave a walk-on a scholarship? Maybe he didn't, but I be willing to bet money he has at some point in his career. Does that make you wish we still had Nutt? Not me.

The guy is being (over)paid to win football games. Not post heart-warming videos of him giving scholarships to walk-ons on the internet. It's definitely cool to see those types of things. It makes things a little more transparent and makes fan feel a little more involved or 'part of it'. But that's not gonna save his job if he can't win(I hope he does, by the way).

Sorry, I didn't mean for that comment to be negative. And you kinda went off on me, so.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

you wouldn't be alone if we still had nutt. don't you know Ole Miss means that much to us? things like I just saw on that video makes me like this coach a little bit more everyday but to be perfectly honest coaches are measured in wins. its not always fair but if football was fair we could claim 14 ncs too. yes i want this coach to have success for several reasons. first and foremost for Ole Miss. Ole Miss is more important than all of us cause its all of us that make Ole Miss. That's everybody from the pres to the janitor to the head coach to the jock strap washer to the cumlaud to the one who didn't attend Ole Miss but grew up loving everything about it. now my second biggest reason i want him to be successful is part of the number one reason. he does love Ole Miss. he gets it and i love seeing Ole Miss people have success.
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

lewindha wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean for that comment to be negative. And you kinda went off on me, so.
I don't think I went off on you personally at all, I was just trying to say that things like this make me wish for success for our program and it's leader even more than I already did.

Sorry for trying to positive about Ole Miss football. I forget it's frowned upon by some around here.

And I reserve the right to change my tune come Sunday morning but right now we have a better record than Vandy and I hope for the best tomorrow night.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean for that comment to be negative. And you kinda went off on me, so.
I don't think I went off on you personally at all, I was just trying to say that things like this make me wish for success for our program and it's leader even more than I already did.

Sorry for trying to positive about Ole Miss football. I forget it's frowned upon by some around here.

And I reserve the right to change my tune come Sunday morning but right now we have a better record than Vandy and I hope for the best tomorrow night.
I think we'll have a better record than Vandy come Sunday. If not, we're in trouble.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sorry u think Freeze is being overpaid. I think that statement is bull cr@p. Glad to know the negative nellies are still negativing along.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

positive vibes are always welcome for the Rebels! You are not alone. i will say this about Vandy - they played their hearts out, so will we, but with better results I think. Hotty Toddy!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Sorry u think Freeze is being overpaid. I think that statement is bull cr@p. Glad to know the negative nellies are still negativing along.
I don't wanna get into this again. Someone posted one of those things that kinda 'gets my goat' and I had to respond. It's time to play and see what we've actually got to work with. I've been happy with everything Freeze has done. And as long as I see effort and 'want to' from the team in every game, I don't think anything can really sour me on Freeze this season. That is, unless he starts punching cab drivers. 8)
Some Random Dude
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

rebeljim wrote:Sorry u think Freeze is being overpaid. I think that statement is bull cr@p. Glad to know the negative nellies are still negativing along.

I agree Jim. But, WAOM and that means those people will ALWAYS be around. Saying our coach is overpaid, un-experienced, and a little thing like "landsharking" being frowned upon (these young men are still kids, kids enjoy fun). WAOM for better or worse. But, GO TO HELL LSU!!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:

I agree Jim. But, WAOM and that means those people will ALWAYS be around. Saying our coach is overpaid, un-experienced, and a little thing like "landsharking" being frowned upon (these young men are still kids, kids enjoy fun). WAOM for better or worse. But, GO TO HELL LSU!!!!
Really .. if stating facts upsets your apple cart maybe you need larger panties. We are all behind Freeze...but some of us have been around long enough...and seen enough to not proclaim everything a new coach does as the greatest. thing since sliced bread...that's all. Now let's go beat this team we are playing by 5 touchdowns like Any SEC team should and start earning that salary. And there are lots of kids out there having fun playing college football without doing a silly dance or gesture...they are having fun by winning. Just because we don't agree with every little silly thing or think that this new coach reinvented the wheel doesn't mean we are negative nellies or not fans. In fact we are cautiously optimistic ...we just happen to love Ole Miss first and foremost....more than any coach or silly hand gesture. Now let's win and begin freezes career on a high note ...and those of you drinking all the kool aid can quit
acting like Democrats by villifying folks that might have different opinions. Enough of that crap!
I think freeze is paid more than his experience and stature warrants and I think that d*** landshark crap is very Starkville and sophomorish. But I also just finished the first nine hours of my twelve hour drive to see my new coach's first game!

Let's kick ass! HOTTY TODDY.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

I like Kool-Aid...........

FINS UP REBS!!!!! GAME DAY'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!